lilmac

Thursday numbers: DM2-24.5, TLR-9.85, Heat-6.35 (BOM)

And to him, that was absolutely needed. lol

Once again, you guys are missing the point of that quote...here is what he actually said:

Wrapping up, he says that films like Man of Steel and Iron Man 3 “should not necessarily be in 3D. If you spend $150 million on visual effects, the film is already going to [look] spectacular [and] perfect.” We’d like to think most audiences would agree with these statements.

• Like 2

Well the biggest reason why people dislike 3D now is how much it costs to get tickets for that.

Also for people who have eye problems-have trouble with 3D films.

Of course 3D is better then it was in the 50s.

James Cameron Says 'Man of Steel' & 'Iron Man 3' Didn't Need 3D

https://twitter.com/TheFilmStage/status/353208172976156673

Posted Image

IM3 had the worst, biggest waste of time and money 3D to me. I felt so ripped off after (aside from the fact that the movie was my biggest letdown of the year). Since then I have only bothered STiD 3D. STiD is how you do 3D conversions, it was fantastic and totally worth it IMO. Unless I read great things about the 3D beforehand (either made in or a fantastic post conversion), I'm not wasting my money.

Too many people have been burnt by bad 3D. 

Edited by Witness
  • Like 5

IM3 had the worst, biggest waste of time and money 3D to me. I felt so ripped off after (aside from the fact that it was my biggest letdown of the year). STiD is how you do 3D conversions, it was fantastic and totally worth it IMO. Unless I read great things about the 3D beforehand (either made in or a fantastic post conversion), I'm not bothering anymore. 

Box office wise all I hoped it would be but movie wise it was a big letdown.

• Like 1

Now You See Me $673,127 35% 2,564 -259 $263 $107,645,412 5 Lionsgate / Summit

Nice bounce back for Thursday :D. Only 36% drop from last Thursday despite the theater loss. The run still amazes. Edited by WileECoyote
  • Like 1

IM3 had the worst, biggest waste of time and money 3D to me. I felt so ripped off after (aside from the fact that it was my biggest letdown of the year). Since then I have only bothered STiD 3D. STiD is how you do 3D conversions, it was fantastic and totally worth it IMO. Unless I read great things about the 3D beforehand (either made in or a fantastic post conversion), I'm not wasting my money.

Too many people have been burnt by bad 3D. 

I didn't even notice that Iron Man 3 or Man of Steel even had 3D. I had to take off the glasses a few times to make sure it was. I agree Star Trek had great 3D. I skipped 3D for WWZ and Monsters University. I don't really care for the effect anyway, and basically avoid it (unless it is the only way I can watch an IMAX showing)

Cameron's right there, but a lot fewer people paid to see them in 3D than they did to see 3D movies a few years ago. Hollywood has run the novelty into the ground with postconversions, but we all knew this was happening.

• Like 1

Well DM2 and TLR did have tons of sellouts yesterday-more then they did on Wednesday.

Anyway-what will have the best jump today? What will drop the most?