Biggestgeekever

Wkend #s: 82.5 DM2, 29.4 TFR, 25 Heat, 19.6 MU

Just curious, what's your opinion on Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs? It's very much not a Pixar movie, but it's definitely my favorite non-Pixar/Disney CGI movie.

Haven't seen it.

Adult themed animated films I always keep hearing about but have never seen are When the Wind Blows, Fantastic Planet and Alice by Jan Svankmajer.

I watched Where the Wind Blows in school way back. Jesus Christ, it rivals Grave of the Fireflies for the title of most depressing as fuck animated film.

Maybe your too old and jaded to be pulled in.What are your examples of great animated movies?

My Top10 best animated is pratically composed of Pixar movies, but KFP2, Shrek 2, Polar Express and Happy Feet are just as great.

I also like films like Ralph, Rango, Cloudy, Sleeping Beauty, Simpsons, South Park, Meet the Robinsons, Surf's Up, Monster House, Beowulf...

Edited by Goffe

Just curious, what's your opinion on Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs? It's very much not a Pixar movie, but it's definitely my favorite non-Pixar/Disney CGI movie.

Cloudy has one of the funniest scenes I have ever seen in a movie. The ice cream scene, I just couldnt contain myself. SPA is underrated.
  • Like 2

Apparently some of you completely missed the point about my Illumination/Pixar post earlie. I said nothing about quality nor did I say illumination is now as big as Pixar at its height. What I said was Illumination is the current top dog animation studio at the box office now. There last three movies compared to Pixars last three prove that. You can't argue with numbers no matter how much you may not like it.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

Biggest surprise of the summer for me so far. Come on 200 million!

So many shocks if it was the case:

- A gross in "2" like the "officialparamountsummertentpole" StarTrek.

- A gross in "2" like TomCruiseoblivion... Worldwide!

- 1st time for BradPitt

- 1st time for Marc Foster

Apparently some of you completely missed the point about my Illumination/Pixar post earlie. I said nothing about quality nor did I say illumination is now as big as Pixar at its height. What I said was Illumination is the current top dog animation studio at the box office now. There last three movies compared to Pixars last three prove that. You can't argue with numbers no matter how much you may not like it.

But you compared them wrong; they should only be compared within the year of release. A well done comparison would've been

Toy Story 3 (415M) vs. Despicable Me (251M)

Cars 2 (191M) vs. Hop (108M)

Brave (237M) vs. The Lorax (214M)

DM2 will beat MU, but that's the first time in Illumination's first four movies. Not a trend.

• Like 5