Biggestgeekever

Wkend #s: 82.5 DM2, 29.4 TFR, 25 Heat, 19.6 MU

TF3 is one of only three movies I'd consider paying to see in 3D again in theaters if ever re-released. I'm not in love with the fact that it forced Bay to aim for a different visual feel from the first two movies (his oversaturation of colors is another guilty pleasure), but he used 3D very effectively.

Well, when you go to the master and ask for help, chances are it will turn out pretty good.  :)

• Like 1

Mine is not the 3D Bluray, I never found those at lower than 35€, and that is expensive as fuck. But my edition is the Steelbox edition and I love it. Specially because it costed me only 10€.

I bought it on black friday(14.99).

• Like 1

I bought it on black friday(14.99).

Steelboxs are released at 30€ here and disappear. They sometimes show up at 10€ on one or two stores on the country, but that is it. And those stores aren't close to me. TF3 was pure luck because it was a promotion in a site of a big chain of stores. 

Toy Story 3 should still keep the 5-day opening record for an animated film, correct?

Please please please...

TS3 didn't have a holiday to boost it so it's 141M take is more impressive anyway.  ;)  :D

I too buy a lot of movies.. on dvd. From bargain bins and flea markets. Good stuff in there, you know. 

I've done that from time to time. I haven't purchased a brand-new DVD in several years. Of course, I never moved up to Blu-ray so I'm really behind.

Edited by RichWS

Lets do a little poll:1. What do you think is the most underrated/overrated film of the year so far?2. Best scene of the year so far3. Best performance of the year so far

1. Underrated: Stoker (not seen/loved enough) Overrated: Star Trek Into Darkness (the best reviewed movie of the summer, which BAFFLES me) 2. Barrel of Monkeys from Iron Man 3 immediately comes to mind. Other contenders: hotel room scene in Before Midnighthotel room scene in Great Gatsbytank scene in Fast & Furious 6Paris scene in Frances Haclimax scene of Monsters Universitythe end of This Is the End''Look at all my shit!'' scene in Spring BreakersShower scene in Stoker3. I saw The Way, Way Back today and I was head over heels in love with Sam Rockwell's performance (the rest of the movie is perfectly fine). Also loved: Matthew McConaughey in MudJames Franco in Spring BreakersDanny McBride in This Is the EndLeonardo DiCaprio in GatsbyGreta Gerwig in Frances HaAmy Seimetz in Upstream ColorEthan Hawke/Julie Delpy in Before MidnightRooney Mara in Side Effects RDJ in Iron Man 3 (the best he's been in all four movies) Harrison Ford in 42 The Rock in Pain & Gain
  • Like 2

• Founder / Operator

Toy Story 3 should still keep the 5-day opening record for an animated film, correct?

Please please please...

It's very much up in the air right now.