Punishment

Weekend Actuals 7/5-7/7

Well in 2 more weeks the entire top 20 theaters can have a different film be the biggest that played there (well 4 new openers+holdovers that is) as well as lets say the top theater's biggest film was Turbo that week, but the number 2 theaters biggest film was Red 2, yet that is Turbo's 2nd biggest (just using an example)

No, I just calculated their respective share of the gross and subtracted their production budgets, they have the same profit. As long as they have a similar performance in the home market they'll be even.

And how do you know the share of the gross the studio made? Do you realize that the share the studio makes varies based on which country it was made in and what weekend it did so?

Also, did you account for marketing costs? Print costs?

There are many factors that go into how much profit a film makes that we will never know about, which why any numbers floated about on the forum is pure speculation.

it happens time to time

12-Apr

It Takes a Man and A woman (wk3), wasn't reported it it had would have ranked about #14 for wkend

CM Century Tanforan 20, San Bruno CA ranked #17

Hey, that's a Filipino movie! Our #2 for the year behind Iron Man 3 :D Lots of Filipinos in that area for sure :D

And how do you know the share of the gross the studio made? Do you realize that the share the studio makes varies based on which country it was made in and what weekend it did so?

Also, did you account for marketing costs? Print costs?

There are many factors that go into how much profit a film makes that we will never know about, which why any numbers floated about on the forum is pure speculation.

Well, you can make reasonable estimates.  Average gross can vary, but you can still make educated assumptions that get you in the ballpark of the answer.

That being said, based on what Star Trek made...and it's sequel...it's probably a bit too close to know for sure.  Though it's quite reasonable to think those films were profitable, just not overwhelmingly so.

• Like 1

LV overall ranks 24 out of 250+ markets (State of Nevada ranks 27th in NA and 23 just USA)

top theatre but long shot is Red rock Stadium 15 (#64 in NA)  next town Square 18

Praise be unto Rth. Thank you, I've always been curious.One last question, if it does not disturb the almighty, how does the Brenden Theatres fare in Vegas? It's the only theatre that still has 70 mm Imax and is the theatre I most frequent.Actuals are very nice, btw. Good increase for DM2.

Me and my sister saw it. Not only were we laughing non-stop, but the whole theater was bursting out laughing non-stop too. It was a really funny movie. Somewhat corny at times (sandra bullock movie of course), but overall good and funny.

saaame!

the theater went nuts every 5 seconds!!

& the cat!! :D

WWZ possibly finishing with 200 M is just incredible.

It'd have to have a 35-40% drop this weekend and next to do that... but it's possible: I think 192-197 is a more reasonable range IMO. Still a ton more than the 65-70 million I expected it to earn TOTAL!

Edited by mahnamahna