#ED

QUIT THE PESSIMISTIC CRAP: BOX OFFICE FAILURES DON'T DO ANYTHING FOR ANYONE.

Yeah, it sucks but that's with every job.  :/ If you are sucking at your job, then you are probably going to get fired. It's one thing if it's your first or second movie that has sucked, but if it's like, your twentieth movie and you still aren't producing.....then yeah, it's time to pull the plug unfortunately.

The problem with statements like this is that quality in film and art in general is still a matter of opinion.  Some people think Citizen Kane is the best film ever made (they are liars btw) and some think The Notebook is the best ever.  Is either side wrong?  Nope.  It's all a matter of opinion.  There are plenty of films that didn't do well that are loved by people.  So just because you or someone else thinks some film is good or bad doesn't make it apodictic.

• Like 2

Pessimism runs rampant here. TLR isn't a bad movie and it was actually quite a bit enjoyable but the way people talk about it, it might be the worst movie ever made. Personally, if I'm not interested in a movie I just don't talk about it but unfortunately others don't follow suit. 

• Like 1

Yes...but only after watching the movie..right...some here will start the negativity even before the release or if they support any other movie.

Let's be honest, we all make judgments about movies before we see them. In many cases there is enough evidence to determine if a film is shit sight unseen. Some creatives (Boll, Shyamalan, Seltzerberg) have earned negative prejudice through their previous work. I don't think anyone should be faulted for saying they hope the Starving Games bombs even though there's no trailer yet.

Edited by tribefan695

Yes...but only after watching the movie..right...some here will start the negativity even before the release or if they support any other movie.

Yeah, you have the right to criticize or praise a movie however you see fit if you saw it. If your hating on a movie that you haven't seen before, than that's just being ignorant.

The problem with statements like this is that quality in film and art in general is still a matter of opinion.  Some people think Citizen Kane is the best film ever made (they are liars btw) and some think The Notebook is the best ever.  Is either side wrong?  Nope.  It's all a matter of opinion.  There are plenty of films that didn't do well that are loved by people.  So just because you or someone else thinks some film is good or bad doesn't make it apodictic.

Well yeah, everything is opinion. I never said that it's a fact that a movie sucks just because I feel that way. However, I will say it, and if people want to listen to my opinion, it's up to them, but I wouldn't force my views on someone else. They could see the same movie and like it. That's the reason why I love talking about movies, if everyone agreed on everything then why bother having forums talking about it? :)

If I think a movie's bad I'm happy for it to bomb. Don't give the 'but it's people's jobs' bullshit - me being glad something bombed has no bearing on any of that whatsoever.

If we're talking specifically about Pacific Rim, I have no opinion on that movie. If it makes money or not, I won't care either way.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

I only want really, really bad movies to flop. I mean, at the end of the day, its still people who work for a living. :rolleyes:

be careful what you wish. I'm the same which got me banned from I Frankenstein thread. Cause even really REALLY bad movies have feelings, apparently.

Let's be perfectly clear here: predicting a movie to not gross a lot of money isn't hating. People take predictions like PR specifically way too seriously. As far as I've seen in the PR threads I've not once seen someone attack the quality they just don't think it will make a lot. There's a big difference between the two scenarios and the lines usually get blurred around here as to which is which.

• Like 3