#ED

QUIT THE PESSIMISTIC CRAP: BOX OFFICE FAILURES DON'T DO ANYTHING FOR ANYONE.

Seriously guys? So much pessimism on this forums.

"We want Lone Ranger To Flop"

"We want Pacific Rim To Flop"

"We want RIPD To Flop"

This is getting out of control. No one wins jack shit in a movie doing bad. This is worse than everyone making "100 > TASM" clubs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Points for using the Chiranjeevi horse slide scene from "Alluda Majaka". Hilarious scene.

• Like 1

Yeah, it sucks but that's with every job.  :/ If you are sucking at your job, then you are probably going to get fired. It's one thing if it's your first or second movie that has sucked, but if it's like, your twentieth movie and you still aren't producing.....then yeah, it's time to pull the plug unfortunately.

Well Plugs don't get pulled often. You will forever have to deal with garbage movies. Pacific Rim is getting decent to good reviews yet everyone wants it to flop.

It makes for great drama and epic meltdowns like the one you just had prompting you to post this thread... :bop: 

I'm not a fan of any upcoming movie or any since MoS and DM2. It's just so ridiculous how everyone "wishes" bad on a movie. Just like how "Thor and CA2 Flopping Wishes" will happen.

Well Plugs don't get pulled often. You will forever have to deal with garbage movies. Pacific Rim is getting decent to good reviews yet everyone wants it to flop.

I'm not a fan of any upcoming movie or any since MoS and DM2. It's just so ridiculous how everyone "wishes" bad on a movie. Just like how "Thor and CA2 Flopping Wishes" will happen.

The people that want films to flop are the trolls. I never want a film to flop, especially if it's one I went to see.

I have an issue with this sort of reporting, actually. It's predetermination.

Pacific Rim is still up in the air, but they do have a point with White House Down, After Earf, and The Longer Ranger, which were all mega flops and RIPD is definitely gonna be another one.  Thats definitely more than usual.

Pacific Rim is still up in the air, but they do have a point with White House Down, After Earf, and The Longer Ranger, which were all mega flops and RIPD is definitely gonna be another one.  Thats definitely more than usual.

Of course. Reporting it after the fact isn't a problem at all. But assuming that tracking is accurate and reporting as if it's a fait accompli can sometimes end up influencing the very thing you're reporting on, which makes me skeezy.

Edited by Telemachos

• Community Manager

Hey, hey. If movie is bad, and looks bad, or/and gets bad reviews (Lone ranger, RIPD), than it is good to wish them bad. It's quite funny when they bomb, and in future studios will be paying maybe a little more attention to quality of their movies. And that means more good movies for us, fans. :)

Nobody sets out to make a bad movie. Some movies with great scripts end up being terrible (and vice versa). It's really hard to judge the quality of a movie until it's finished and by then you've spent all your money. Anyone who thinks Hollywood doesn't care about quality doesn't understand business. Of course Hollywood cares about quality. It's just impossible to ensure quality in such a creative industry.

Edited by Water Bottle Down
  • Like 2

"We want RIPD To Flop"

This is getting out of control. No one wins jack shit in a movie doing bad. This is worse than everyone making "100 > TASM" clubs.

I will reply with a quote that you will appreciate. "Some men just want to watch the world burn."

I will reply with a quote that you will appreciate. "Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Theaters lose money. Cut Staff. There you go. Someone feeding a family of 5 just lost his job because of 4 straight weeks of flops.

• Community Manager

Theaters lose money. Cut Staff. There you go. Someone feeding a family of 5 just lost his job because of 4 straight weeks of flops.

Bullshit. Movie studios pay for the overhead of the theater. Meaning, they are guaranteed to break even.

• Like 1

"We want RIPD To Flop"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Swoosh, not click.

How is this not locked? Should it at least be moved.

Bullshit. Movie studios pay for the overhead of the theater. Meaning, they are guaranteed to break even.

Cant Someone move this to Box Office side, where it applies and where the right people will see it, to talk about it

Cause in the Speakeasy, we don't care about the BO.

IMO

Edited by West Hollywood

So a theater wouldn't get much from a movie selling out on a movies 3rd weekend? I doubt this.Business are Businesses. They lose money and early money and even if income isn't spread evenly, the wrong people always lose money.Fire an executive at WB, sure. But that good friend of yours who is an usher lost his job because the theater isn't doing so well.

If anyone can't see how a theater loses money after 4 weeks of flops than I don't know what to say anymore.Whether they sell a lot less tickets or a lot less popcorn. Someone's losing money at that theater.