baumer

Daily "ESTIMATES" as we know it might be a thing of the past

If ERC wasn't reporting daily estimates we would be waiting for actuals anyway. They didn't even report them everyday. So it they stop reporting daily numbers it's no big deal, imo.  As long as we get the weekend estimates it's business as usual.

Thats like saying before i started dating i was only getting laid once in a while. Once i started dating my gf i got sex everyday. Believe me..its similar for some of us lol.

• Like 1

Thats like saying before i started dating i was only getting laid once in a while. Once i started dating my gf i got sex everyday.Believe me..its similar for some of us lol.

I don't understand the significance of the problem (sex analogy aside,lol).

If ERC doesn't report estimates at 6am on weekdays what's the big deal? It's not like they did it everyday. There were some days they didn't.

No ERC said its only for weekdays....not weekends.

Really don't understand this, daily estimates are always very close to actual numbers.  It is the weekend "early" numbers that can be off the mark by quite a bit.  Seems strange to me.

I was hoping baumer was going to say, ”estimates may be a thing of the past...because there's a new computer system that gives actuals within seconds”.But I was deluding myself.

Well, there is.  But only a tiny minority here of one has access.

Ouch. 

The loss still stings. Game 6 still giving me nightmares. 

Yeah, I was a kid but remember the choke job by the Oilers in the early 90's. It took a while to get over that as a kid. Next year we're coming for the Spurs.  ;)  :P

• Like 2

Really don't understand this, daily estimates are always very close to actual numbers.  It is the weekend "early" numbers that can be off the mark by quite a bit.  Seems strange to me.

I think the studios just don't feel like putting in the effort to do estimates when the actuals will end up pretty similar a few hours later. With weekends (especially opening weekends), they want to get out in front of the story by bragging to Nikki about where the weekend is headed.

I'm talking about in general since I've been a member here.

Showbizdata reported early estimates then they unfortunately belly-upped and then ERC started. Mediasbynumbers for 1 week gave us early numbers for TDK. We've gone through many sources over the years for the daily estimates. Hopefully someone else will start or Rth could do it.  :D

• Like 1

Rth generally tends to confirm or indicate movement on already released estimates.  

EDIT:Actually, that was more so in the past.  Recently he seems to post fairly solid daily number quiet often.

Edited by DeeCee

Is it really THAT important to have Daily estimates????

Not till Avengers 2 is released and "someone" really wants that Monday number ASAP.:P
  • Like 2