Shawn Robbins

Wednesday (7/10/13) Numbers: DM2 ($9.67m)

Woah! Thats awfully low

A lot of theaters are going to have to put aside screens for Red 2, RIPD, Conjuring, Turbo, AND Turbo 3D AND RIPD 3D!

I'm sure some smaller theaters will just have a single screen that's split between RIPD and RIPD 3D, but it looks like that's going to be a rough weekend for theater counts for every movie, INCLUDING the openers!

not excited for Red 2 in the slightest :ph34r:

I really think Red 2 is going to be overlooked. I don't know many people that are excited for it. RIPD has had bigger and better marketing, and The Conjuring is looking like the hot buzzy movie that weekend.

I'm sure we'll find out when the number is made available. Expect somewhere between 2200 and 2500. If it can stay above 2500, that'd be fantastic.

At least 300 IMAX theaters will lose it.

• Founder / Operator

Big time.

How many screens is R.I.P.D. closing in?

Universal hasn't said yet, heh.

Will Man of Steel have a drastic drop in theaters this week or do you think it will be a decent drop?

With WB opening two movies over the next couple of weeks, I expect that help MoS on one or both weekends.

Shawn, MoS count?

WB also hasn't said yet.

Fast 6 will finish will an appox 2.5 multiplier from the first 3 days (not counting the Monday from the 4 day Memorial day weekend). I really wonder why its drops did not get the kind of press and twitter reactions that MoS did. It actually dropped more than MoS on its second Friday (72% vs 71%) and not a word was mentioned anywhere.

Fast 6 will finish will an appox 2.5 multiplier from the first 3 days (not counting the Monday from the 4 day Memorial day weekend). I really wonder why its drops did not get the kind of press and twitter reactions that MoS did. It actually dropped more than MoS on its second Friday (72% vs 71%) and not a word was mentioned anywhere.

It was expected with F6.