luna

Most overrated directors

This is an overrated thread.

well it seems you're quoting me, in which case it bears to say that while these threads are meaningless you don't need meaning to have fun. so yeah, i say spielberg is overrated...because i don't like his movies. 's'all i'm saying. the melodrama is fun.

well it seems you're quoting me, in which case it bears to say that while these threads are meaningless you don't need meaning to have fun. so yeah, i say spielberg is overrated...because i don't like his movies. 's'all i'm saying. the melodrama is fun.

Well, most threads about "over-rated" are actually fun to read, including this. So, nothing against you or this thread. I just feel that there were too many threads like this recently lol

I guess people love to talk about over-rating tho

Paul Thomas Anderson

Terrence Malick

David Fincher - I really like a few of his films, but I also really hate some of his films

JJ Abrams

Joss Whedon - as a TV director, I don't think he's overrated. I think he's overrated as a film director however.

Sophia Coppola

Clint Eastwood

Sam Mendes

Danny Boyle

• Like 1

Joss WhedonTim BurtonJon FavreauGuy Ritchie

You are so sad. You see the title of this thread and immediately think of a way to put down the marvel movies yet again. You are like the opposite of BKB, only less fun to read and more of a (mod edit....i agree with all of this post but leave the bad stuff out). Edited by Jaws 2 baumer
  • Like 1

I'd say Neil Blomkamp. Even though D9 is an awesome film, it's his only film but he has a reputation on here like he's proven himself. If Elysium delivers, then ill take it back, but until then, he's still quite overrated.

You are so sad. You see the title of this thread and immediately think of a way to put down the marvel movies yet again. You are like the opposite of BKB, only less fun to read and more of a dick head.

Tim Burton made the first two Batmans --> DC movies. Just saying.

• Like 1

Tim Burton made the first two Batmans --> DC movies. Just saying.

50% of the directors he mentioned were made marvel movie. Had you seen his previous posts on this site, you'd know what i'm talking about. Also its not DC vs marvel with him, its Nolan vs Marvel.

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 1

You are so sad. You see the title of this thread and immediately think of a way to put down the marvel movies yet again. You are like the opposite of BKB, only less fun to read and more of a dick head.

No offense, but you sound like a Marvel sucking-twink when you make a comment like that. 

I thing ONE Marvel film made by Favreau is overrated, but Elf is even moreso, and all of Whedon's work is HIGHLY overrated, and since we're on the subject of bad fans, NO ONE has more detestable pieces of rat excrement for fanboys that him.

Edited by Squaremaster316
  • Like 1

No offense, but you sound like a Marvel sucking-twink when you make a comment like that. 

I thing ONE Marvel film made by Favreau is overrated, but Elf is even moreso, and all of Whedon's work is HIGHLY overrated, and since we're on the subject of bad fans, NO ONE has more detestable pieces of rat excrement for fanboys that him.

Not really

TDK>IM1>BB>TA>TDKR

Most geek-worshipped directors are laughably overrated.

JJ Abrams is an immitator, not a visionary, not a single original thing about this guy. Slavishly decidated to copying his idols.Also crippled by collaboration with his terrible writer-buddies Kurzman, orci and Lindeloff.

PJ peeked with FOTR and it's just WETA show reel since. He'll never be able to go back to story-telling over SFX overkill and bloat because every single movie he made since only has those faults more and more enhanced.

Favz - lol, tlak about totlaly blah mediocre director who lucked out with RDJ casting in IM. That's all to his credit worth noting.

GdT - sure, Pan's was great but the talk about Blade 2 and Hellboy series as if they are some kind of masterpiece gotta stop.Like, really? :rofl:

edgar Wright - OMG, he makes quirky movies! How...90s when Buffy was quirky.

• Like 2

50% of the directors he mentioned were made marvel movie. Had you seen his previous posts on this site, you'd know what i'm talking about. Also its not DC vs marvel with him, its Nolan vs Marvel.

Its more like Nolan is GodEveryone is is a fly on a pile of shit.
  • Like 1

Batman is ok. BATMAN RETURNS is an abomination.Just saying

I wasn't talking about Burton's merits as a director, or how good or bad Batman 1 and 2 were. I just responded to Jessie's post that the Squaremaster only dislikes Marvel directors, by pointing out that the Squaremaster also mentioned Tim Burton, who is not a Marvel director, and who in fact directed two DC movies.

Read, don't skim, baumer.

Edited by Karl Ruger - The Stingray™

Most geek-worshipped directors are laughably overrated.

JJ Abrams is an immitator, not a visionary, not a single original thing about this guy. Slavishly decidated to copying his idols.Also crippled by collaboration with his terrible writer-buddies Kurzman, orci and Lindeloff.

PJ peeked with FOTR and it's just WETA show reel since. He'll never be able to go back to story-telling over SFX overkill and bloat because every single movie he made since only has those faults more and more enhanced.

Favz - lol, tlak about totlaly blah mediocre director who lucked out with RDJ casting in IM. That's all to his credit worth noting.

GdT - sure, Pan's was great but the talk about Blade 2 and Hellboy series as if they are some kind of masterpiece gotta stop.Like, really? :rofl:

edgar Wright - OMG, he makes quirky movies! How...90s when Buffy was quirky.

Edgar Wright isn't overrated, Scott Pilgrim is. Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are pure genius.

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 1

IMO, King of Overratedness is Gore Verbinski. He gets a geek pass for making visually pretty movies which are so impossibly bloated they make PJ's opus look as lean as a Cameron's script. he also likes awkward tone-shifts that totally don't gel. AWE is without doubt the worst movie that many overrated director ever made. A true horror of bad acting, bad structure, bad everything. Oh, yeah, his scribe buddies who like to inject canibalism and child hanging in movies that are supposedly for kids take the blame too.

Spekaing of Wrights, to each its own but Joe Wright is overrated too. All his movies are boring as fuck.

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 1