#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

Social Media made Sharknado more popular than it should've been.. The NBC Nightly News is on right now reporting on this and showing scenes from the movie itself which looks so absurd beyond all comprehension..

There is nothing absurd. It is perfect.  :wub:

FRIDAY 4 PM, 5TH UPDATE WRITETHRUIt’s shaping up as a very strong domestic box office weekend with Summer 2013 continuing to sizzle. My sources say that, based on matinee trends, Universal’s and Illumination Entertainment’s holdover Despicable Me 2 should be #1 again this weekend with high $40sM and only a -51% drop from last weekend. But Pacific Rim (3,275 theaters and 331 IMAX screens) keeps surging and looks right now like mid $40sM. That’s including Thursday late shows and Friday midnights which Warner Bros says the Legendary picture overperformed with $3.6M. I’ve learned the 3D ratio is a strong 52% “and the largest ratio of a wide release for a very long time” according to an exec. And finallySony Pictures/Happy Madison’s Growns-Ups 2 (3,491 theaters)also started with bigger than expected $2.3M late shows even though it’s a PG-13 family, non-fanboy, non-IMAX movie. Now it’s shaping up as low $40sM, which would beat the 2010 first installment’s $40.5M opening weekend. According to the latest Rotten Tomatoes scores, it’s not even a close contest between the mecha anime inspired thriller and the Adam Sandlerensemble sequel: Pacific Rim has 72% positive reviews while Grown-Ups 2 an astoundingly awful 5%. (Ouch!) As of 9:00 AM PT this morning on Fandango, the three top films were selling neck and neck online and through mobile: 31% for Pacific Rim, 30% for Despicable Me 2, and 28% for Grown-Ups 2.

Edited by #Despicable ED
  • Like 1

FRIDAY 4 PM, 5TH UPDATE WRITETHRUIt’s shaping up as a very strong domestic box office weekend with Summer 2013 continuing to sizzle. My sources say that, based on matinee trends, Universal’s and Illumination Entertainment’s holdover Despicable Me 2 should be #1 again this weekend with high $40sM and only a -51% drop from last weekend. But Pacific Rim (3,275 theaters and 331 IMAX screens) keeps surging and looks right now like mid $40sM. That’s including Thursday late shows and Friday midnights which Warner Bros says the Legendary picture overperformed with $3.6M. I’ve learned the 3D ratio is a strong 52% “and the largest ratio of a wide release for a very long time” according to an exec. And finallySony Pictures/Happy Madison’s Growns-Ups 2 (3,491 theaters)also started with bigger than expected $2.3M late shows even though it’s a PG-13 family, non-fanboy, non-IMAX movie. Now it’s shaping up as low $40sM, which would beat the 2010 first installment’s $40.5M opening weekend. According to the latest Rotten Tomatoes scores, it’s not even a close contest between the mecha anime inspired thriller and the Adam Sandlerensemble sequel: Pacific Rim has 72% positive reviews while Grown-Ups 2 an astoundingly awful 5%. (Ouch!) As of 9:00 AM PT this morning on Fandango, the three top films were selling neck and neck online and through mobile: 31% for Pacific Rim, 30% for Despicable Me 2, and 28% for Grown-Ups 2.

LOL...DM2 should do high 40's and drop 51% from last weekend.

:rofl:  :rofl:

Oh Nikki, try one of these:  

Posted Image

• Like 7

COME ON ... give an actual # ... so Pacific Rim would need a 18-20 million (with the 3.6 m) Friday for 45? 

Friday 18

Saturday 15 (even or just slightly above Friday without preview/midnights)

Sunday 12 (-20%)

Edited by Adam

So an option just came up to watch Pacific Rim in 2D, tomorrow at 7PM... 

Should I skip it? Is the 3D really good?

2D + 3D + 8 (this message brought to you by Nikki Finke)

I'd agree. I see these films that everyone says has the best 3D and the highest praise I can give the 3d is "well, it didn't ruin it for me." I don't wanna pay extra for that. Fuck it. I watched Pacific Rim in 2d. Whatever.

Right? Hugo? ZzzzzzzzAvatar? Says a lot about a film when it's only watchable in the third dimension.