#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

really!??

it would be awesome!

nysm will get a sequel too :P

& hopefully tite :lol:

NYSM very well could get a sequel in all honesty. It performed well enough and there's a lot of ways the could go for a sequel.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

PR is empty and boring but I don't want to see PR fail.

I want to see Pacific Rim fail only so it teaches Del Toro a lesson not to make films like this. On the other hand, I don't want to see it fail because it may impact Del Toro's chances on getting green lights for future risky projects.

But I just don't understand why they didn't spend a bit more money on actors. At least they had to hire Chris Evans. Extra 20M on actors could mean extra 100M WW.

Maybe GDT had to choose between spending money on the special effects or on a more expensive, well-known actor. :huh:

I want to see Pacific Rim fail only so it teaches Del Toro a lesson not to make films like this. On the other hand, I don't want to see it fail because it may impact Del Toro's chances on getting green lights for future risky projects.

If this movie fails, it’s not really Del Toro’s fault. He made the film; most critics enjoyed it (and Del Toro believes he’s made a great film), but WB basically dumped it.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

I don't know, Del Toro has a unique style of humor, and visuals for that matter.

I'd compare it to Hugo...I thought that was really good and it was great in 3D at the theater, but put countless other directors names in the credits and you're not questioning that it wasn't Scorsese. Not to say they world have made the same film and Scorsese made a really good movie and gets the credit, ala Del Toro for PR, but it doesn't have their same feel, etc.
  • Like 1

NYSM very well could get a sequel in all honesty. It performed well enough and there's a lot of ways the could go for a sequel.

+they talked abt the sequel in the premiere interviews so Im 90% sure it will happen :wub:

thanks for the #s Rth

The heat & WWZ do fine

nice

GU2 15.5-16, SR 13.5-14,DM2 13.1, TH 4.2,TFR 3.3,MU 3.1,WWZ 2.6,WHD 1.7,LME 1.6,MOS 1.35

Let's see, that would be 

DM2: +43%

TH: +54%

TFR: +43%

MU: +25%  :( (any chance you switch MU and TFR's numbers?  :P )

WWZ: +43%

WHD: +32%

LME: +88%

MOS: +34%

• Like 1

LOL just realized that GU was 10% on RT and GU2 is even worse. So how did GU2 manage to pull of a nice OW (with 16m it is heading for a nice OW right)?

Sandler's movies are just easy to watch.

Sandler's movies are just easy to watch.

He's unfortunately turned into the KFC (or any other cheap, fast food chain) of movies...cheap, crap quality, no substance, etc. but it's consumed by millions as it's easy and a guilty familiar pleasure, etc.