#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

I want to see Pacific Rim fail only so it teaches Del Toro a lesson not to make films like this. On the other hand, I don't want to see it fail because it may impact Del Toro's chances on getting green lights for future risky projects.

Not sure what film you saw. I thought it was stunning. I felt like I did when I saw Jurassic Park/Avatar for the first time. The movie was everything anyone could possibly want from a monsters vs robots picture.

Not sure what film you saw. I thought it was stunning. I felt like I did when I saw Jurassic Park/Avatar for the first time. The movie was everything anyone could possibly want from a monsters vs robots picture.

I also compare it to Avatar...amazing 3D theater experience with no real big actors is leading roles, but a visually amazing ride etc. Unfortunately it's night and day at the bo though :(

Again, anyone saying it didn't feel like a Del Toro film...I'd question if you've actually ever even seen one of his movies. Seriously. I haven't felt quite so passionate about a big blockbuster in a long time. I was not expecting this to knock me out, but boy did it. Anyone on here who hasn't been yet, rush out to see it ASAP.

I also compare it to Avatar...amazing 3D theater experience with no real big actors is leading roles, but a visually amazing ride etc. Unfortunately it's night and day at the bo though :(

100%This made Transformers look like Little Miss Sunshine. I'm one of those that sits there in despair watching the Transformers films as I get so frustrated I can't see what's going on. I rate some of Bay's films, but I always thought he directed the action sequences badly, considering how awesome they should be. The battles in Pacific Rim are game changing. There's no way you can possibly describe just how astonishing the effects and direction are here without seeing it for yourself.

100%This made Transformers look like Little Miss Sunshine. I'm one of those that sits there in despair watching the Transformers films as I get so frustrated I can't see what's going on. I rate some of Bay's films, but I always thought he directed the action sequences badly, considering how awesome they should be. The battles in Pacific Rim are game changing. There's no way you can possibly describe just how astonishing the effects and direction are here without seeing it for yourself.

So me, Robert Muldoon and MovieMan89 were actually right to be cautious after midnight instead of having users incredulously wuestion us and imply we were "haters". I had a feeling it would be front-loaded, but still anything over 30m would be good due to the horrid marketing. Also from reactions on this forum so far you have the people who drool over its awesomeness and people who hate it with a passion with reactions scattered between the extremes. I'm not so sure this will get the fantastic WOM anymore, but hopefully it'll at least get a 3.And regarding GU2 wow there's some people seriously butt hurt about the movie potentially coming in 1st. So what I'd it does? It doesn't effect you in anyway. Don't see it in theaters if you don't want to. It's obvious people do like the series, so get over it. People like different things, so I don't get why everyone's so pissed off. If the GA loves it then the GA loves it. The first was extremely well liked. The 2nd should hit 45+, I'm stoked! Now hopefully I can watch the 2nd one soon :)

• Like 1

A movie with 7% percent fresh might be the #1 movie this weekend?

Posted Image

Grown ups may have been slated due to the whole movie just being banter between its leads but guess what, the GA actually like that from time to time. I had more fun watching grown ups than a film like haywire with its 80% RT score.
  • Like 1

Pacific Rim was horrendous.  I blame myself for giving Del Toro the benefit of the doubt.  Hopefully DM2 will take the weekend to prevent the absolute garbage like GU2 or Pacfiic Rim from claiming the #1 spot.

LOL just realized that GU was 10% on RT and GU2 is even worse. So how did GU2 manage to pull of a nice OW (with 16m it is heading for a nice OW right)?

Because GU. was loved by people who saw it. Critics mean nothing.
  • Like 4

If this movie fails, it’s not really Del Toro’s fault. He made the film; most critics enjoyed it (and Del Toro believes he’s made a great film), but WB basically dumped it.

Please, you can't blame this all on marketing. If the movie ends up with terrible legs, and so far it looks like the legs won't be great, then it IS Del Toro's fault. He's the one who made the film. WB didn't force him to make it. You can tell WB was reluctant about this project this whole time, and the film got financed mainly because Del Toro managed to get Legendary to like it so much.

This was Del Toro's idea, he was the director, so any praise or criticism falls mainly on him.

If a film connects with the general audience, then it will get good legs, bad marketing or not.

I haven't seen it yet. Read my other posts, this is based on the sense I get with this film.

• Like 2

But I just don't understand why they didn't spend a bit more money on actors. At least they had to hire Chris Evans. Extra 20M on actors could mean extra 100M WW.

filming captain america 2

Edited by Halba

LOL just realized that GU was 10% on RT and GU2 is even worse. So how did GU2 manage to pull of a nice OW (with 16m it is heading for a nice OW right)?

sandler comedies for the most part are critic proof. comedies and critics don't mix.

Pacific Rim was horrendous.  I blame myself for giving Del Toro the benefit of the doubt.  Hopefully DM2 will take the weekend to prevent the absolute garbage like GU2 or Pacfiic Rim from claiming the #1 spot.

Horrendous? How so? Lol. I'll reiterate. What more could you possibly want from a Kaiju movie? What did you go in expecting?