#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

Del Toro shot 3 endings apparently:

So you had the kiss, no kiss and what was the third version?Basically just a huge exhale like ‘We made it.’ But the thing that stayed in the movie is the hint that there may be a love story one day, but it’s not there yet.

That's interesting, I hadn't heard that. (Maybe because I was carefully avoiding all interviews before seeing it.) :lol: Well, that makes sense, and it's appropriate.

So you had the kiss, no kiss and what was the third version?Basically just a huge exhale like ‘We made it.’ But the thing that stayed in the movie is the hint that there may be a love story one day, but it’s not there yet.

Interesting.

there were tons of hints that they were interested but I read somewhere that GDT didn't want to introduce romance between Mako and Raleigh into the movie. At least not yet as you said. But the whole drift experience definitely creates a strong bond.

It'll be cool if they have the alternate endings in the blu-ray

Some Sunday est

DM2 12.5,GU2 10,SR 9.9,TH 3.8,TFR 3.1

Assuming that DM2's Sat is what Rth posted yesterday, 17.4m, that means a 28% drop for DM2. 

13.4 Fri, 17.4 Sat, and 12.5 Sun gave it a 43.3M weekend. Actuals could be higher I think, but looks like the studio projection was overestimated.

Hard Boiled comes later in the game  :lol: But I remembered watching A Better Tomorrow pretty early on. That's one awesome movie, I still love it to this day, and consider it one of the best Hong Kong crime drama/gangster movie of all time  :)

Awesome movie. So was The Killer and City on Fire :D
  • Like 1

Interesting. Thanks

It'd be nice if PR held 100k better, and GU2 fell 100k worse.

That would be a pretty awesome little victory even if it was very tiny. You never know, actuals could give us what we want.

Edited by StarSaber

Assuming that DM2's Sat is what Rth posted yesterday, 17.4m, that means a 28% drop for DM2. 

13.4 Fri, 17.4 Sat, and 12.5 Sun gave it a 43.3M weekend. Actuals could be higher I think, but looks like the studio projection was overestimated.

What kind of Sunday drop for that is Pacific Rim?

Some Sunday est

DM2 12.5,GU2 10,SR 9.9,TH 3.8,TFR 3.1

LOL, I just checked BOM, and comparing to Rth numbers, every movie's projections are overestimated, by quite a lot, only TFR is the closest  :lol: