#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

The problem I have is not that people like crap like Grown Ups or Grown Ups 2, but the fact that people can't even rationalize WHY they like these films. Just about everything Adam Sandler has put out in the last decade has been objectively terrible, I could go through each of his films and give you point by point examples of why they are terrible, but when I ask someone why they liked it, you can never get a more detailed answer than "I don't know, I thought it was funny".

Again, you are speaking about yourself, not for others.  Grown Ups is easy to explain why I liked it.  And it sounds like here as long as you like something then it all makes sense, but if you don't like something then it doesn't make sense.  So it's all about you.

Grown ups is a fun and relaxing comedy. I took my wife and step-son to see it and we all enjoyed it. People may complain about this or that but if they do they miss the point the movie is trying to make. 1978 a group of friends playing basketball win the big Championship and the coach as a reward rents a beautiful cabin for all of them and their families to enjoy. The Coach makes a speech about how they should all approach life like they did this game and they will be winners champions with no regrets. flash forward 30 years later and each of them receives a phone call the coach is dead. They decide to rent the cabin and hold a reunion bringing their families with them and to try to introduce them to the magic of their childhood years and teenage years. Adam Sandler is a wealthy high powered Hollywood agent who just wants his kids to grow up to be normal and not spoiled. Chris Rock is a henpecked house husband who gets no respect from his business woman wife or his kids or his mother in law. Kevin James is a typical dad with a wife and kids and a weight problem his wife still breast feeds their 4 year old son and the magic has gone out of their life. Rob Schneider is a dramatic love them and leave them man except he loves the older ladies. David Spade is the single guy here and he's the drunken party animal. All of them have secrets and all of them feel like failures in one way or the other. But by the time this weekend is over secrets are revealed and friendships are restored and marriages are given back their magic. this movie does not promise the earth moon and the stars All it wants is for you to relax shut your brain off and park your worries in the lobby. It's not a laugh every scene or a laugh riot but it does have laughs and it is a nice lazy relaxing movie that we all need once in a while. I loved this movie and recommend it for what it is. If people take it too seriously then they missed it's point.  It has a great message, strong family values and it's about friendship to the core.

• Like 1

TDK is a landmark film, one of the 25 best ever made imo.

Batman 89 is average

Batman Returns is almost as bad as Hellboy 2

Batman Forever was fun because of the amazing cast

Batman and Robin was hilariously bad

Batman Begins is almost as good as TDK

TDKR is almost as bad as Batman and Robin

• Like 2