baumer

Rosemary's Baby (1968)

13 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

This is one of the scariest movies I have ever seen, even though it never scares me when I actually watch it. Its strength is that its presence seems to linger. The idea of thinking that a satanic monster is growing inside of you is absolutely haunting and I've had dreams about the final scene so many times. A truly horrifying movie with excellent direction and an amazing performance by Mia Farrow.

The beginning is nothing really special, Rosemary is too passive and that gets slightly boring after a while, but it becomes really great when she finally starts to suspect the whole plot against her, culminating in the near perfect third act, just incredible filmmaking. 80/100

It was nice to have the chance to watch this in the theaters.

Incredible how this isn't even top 5 Polanski.

Edited by Goffe

I started this movie pretty hungry and about an hour into it, I became utterly ravenous. I really enjoyed the editing and camerawork of the first hour, but after that, I can't really say much about it because I was in a classroom slowly starving and in desperate need of Taco Bell. Will hopefully revisit sometime this year so I can actually enjoy as a full product.