CJohn

Wednesday Numbers | Turbo - 5.6M

The Conjuring really is giving me trouble right now. Tweets have been insane, but I also have the little voice in the back of my head saying its an Internet movie and that the GA won't show up. I can easily see 20m this weekend and I can easily see 40m, though I lean towards the latter. Anyone else having trouble pegging where the film will end up?

• Founder / Operator

The Conjuring really is giving me trouble right now. Tweets have been insane, but I also have the little voice in the back of my head saying its an Internet movie and that the GA won't show up. I can easily see 20m this weekend and I can easily see 40m, though I lean towards the latter. Anyone else having trouble pegging where the film will end up?

I thought the same thing about The Devil Inside and The Purge, heh.

Edited by ShawnMR

I thought the same thing about The Devil Inside and The Purge, heh.

I knew The Purge would break out, because my room mates really wanted to see it and the tweets were beyond insane levels. They do really want to see Conjuring as well, but that theater count has me slightly concerned as well as the R rating. Ah well sticking with my 40m prediction, but if it only hits 20m I wouldn't be surprised either. Edited by Mattrek Loves Del Toro
  • Like 2

The Conjuring is R?! OMFG I can't believe what I have done!!! There is no way it hits 40M!!

The trailers are very deceiving, there's nothing R-ish in them so I too got the impression that it's a PG13.

• Like 2

I don’t see what people are complaining about? The Conjuring has a bigger theater count than The Devil Inside and The Purge.

It’s entirely possible for the film to make more than 30 million this weekend.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic
  • Like 3

Horror movies have a real life fanbase and it always shows up. Even shitty 2-3% RT wide release horror movies routinely open in the 10-15 million range. I think The Conjuring will make around $30 million or so.

• Like 1

I don’t see what people are complaining about? The Conjuring has a bigger theater count than The Devil Inside and The Purge.

It’s entirely possible for the film to make more than 30 million this weekend.

Absolutely. The Purge opened in nearly 400 fewer theaters. Just means a bigger PTA.

Edited by RichWS
  • Like 3