CJohn

Wednesday Numbers | Turbo - 5.6M

In the Green Lantern reboot.

Oh wait ...

One day indicates the future.  

And yes, Green Lantern was horrible because RR wrote the script, green lit the 200 million dollar budget and directed it as well.

No, the biggest bomb of the summer is the Lone Ranger and R.I.P.D. will be joining it shortly, and then after that White House Down.

After Earth has made some decent money overseas, and Pacific Rim should make more.

You're right. R.I.P.D will be joining the list soon. I did neglect White House Down. My mistake... Since 6/28, DOM audiences have said "No!" pretty emphatically to White House Down, Lone Ranger, Pacific Rim and, soon enough, R.I.P.D. as well. So much DOM BO fail in a month's time.

What's your opinion about the movie? Thanks.

I liked it more than MU and less than DM2.  But this might be the first time I have liked three animated films in a row.

• Like 1

You're right. R.I.P.D will be joining the list soon. I did neglect White House Down. My mistake... Since 6/28, DOM audiences have said "No!" pretty emphatically to White House Down, Lone Ranger, Pacific Rim and, soon enough, R.I.P.D. as well. So much DOM BO fail in a month's time.

Which is sad, because Pacific Rim didn’t even get bad reviews.

• Like 1

This non-sequel original story opened #1 with $5.8M into 3,552 theaters and received a coveted ‘A’ CinemaScore which should help word of mouth by Friday. The 3D toon was followed close behind by Universal/Illumination’s three-week-old 3D toon Despicable Me 2 ($5.6M last night but on its way to $500M worldwide today), #3 Sony/Happy Madison’s Grown-Ups($4.3 for a $55.8M North American cume) and #4 Warner Bros/Legendary’s Pacific  Rim ($3.5M and passing $100M worldwide). 

‘Turbo’ Opens Slowly Wednesday Ahead Of Crowded Worldwide Weekend

Ouch for Pacific Rim.....but I don't trust Nikki entirely. I am hoping the number can go up a bit. 

Pretty much expected for Turbo. It is hard to judge the potential of the film though off one weekday. 

Unless you post on boxoffice.com.  Then you can easily tell everyone that this is a bomb of epic proportions.  Ryan Reynolds is toxic.  Dreamworks will fold now because of this and everyone will hate it.  

Lot's of clairvoyance here.  

• Like 3

The only film in trouble on Wednesday is Pacific Rim and over 20% drop is pretty big for a summer weak film. It is harsher than Prometheus's Wednesday drop. It is follows Prometheus from here out it will hit 95M for a total. It if follows Inception it will finish with 157M. The most likely finish it if it follows Battleship and it then would finish with 101M. 

Turbo might appear weak on Wednesday/Thursday but could strength over the weekend. Remember this isn't an established brand like Monsters University or Despicable Me 2.

Edited by Hiccup
  • Like 1

The only film in trouble on Wednesday is Pacific Rim and over 20% drop is pretty big for a summer weak film. It is harsher than Prometheus's Wednesday drop. It is follows Prometheus from here out it will hit 95M for a total. It if follows Inception it will finish with 157M. The most likely finish it if it follows Battleship and it then would finish with 101M. 

Turbo might appear weak on Wednesday/Thursday but could strength over the weekend. Remember this isn't an established brand like Monsters University or Despicable Me 2.

Stop making sense. 

So flops of the summer so far :

After Earth

White House Down

Hangover III

Lone Ranger

Pacific Rim

Turbo

RIPD

I am speaking mostly dom but some of these are already flops ww.

I still can't believe bad films like Grown Ups 2, Identity Thief, G.I. Joe 2, The Great Gatsby, and the mediocre Oz Great & Powerful all made more than Pacific Rim. And that Pacific Rim is on the same list as certified turds like AE, WHD, TH3, Lone Ranger and RIPD (those films have the average RT score of 35% fresh, and PR has 71% fresh)

And now someone will say "LOL DON'T BLAME THE GA BLAME WB AND THEM MARKETING A BIG FILM TO NERDS!! GROWN UPS 2 MADE MY CINEMA LAUGH WHEN THE TRAILER CAME ON, AND THEY WERE SILENT WITH PACIFIC RIM! etc;'