A Marvel Fanboy

Romantic Comedy

Finally here is the officially discussion thread for ROM-COM.

And here is the list on BOM: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=romanticcomedy.htm

What we do in this thread:

1. Pick up the best Romantic Comedies you think

2. which ones were underrated (overrated) and you would like to recommend.

3. what rom-coms you want or are planning to see.

4. what should have done better than what they did back in the days.

5. or whatever you want to talk about.

Edited by firedeep

I didnt know Leap Year (2010) did so bad, especially OS: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=leapyear.htm

It is not a strong rom-com, but I thought it was decent.

I am planning to watch Confessions of a Shopaholic (2009): http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=confessionsofashopaholic.htm

I found I like these kind of movies. Have seen quite a lot. Is it werid ?

Definitely, better consult a therapist asap ;)

Ok I'm not the biggest (or 2nd biggest) fan of the genre but some entries I liked. Shakespeare in Love comes to mind.

Edited by IndustriousAngel

Definitely, better consult a therapist asap ;)

Ok I'm not the biggest (or 2nd biggest) fan of the genre but some entries I liked. Shakespeare in Love comes to mind.

I thought so ... that's why it took me so long to make this thread.  :P

Shakespeare in Love (1998) ? didnt people really hate that one because it won the Oscars ?  :unsure:

• Like 1

well my fav genre :lol:

this year Ive seen one of the best in it

'I give it a year' :wub:  tho i saw it bashed quite a lot :D

Never in my life I waited for the main couple to split up )))))

Posted Image

gorgeious Rose Byrne & lovely Simon Baker :wub:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Leyla
  • Like 2

Finally here is the officially discussion thread for ROM-COM.And here is the list on BOM: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=romanticcomedy.htmWhat we do in this thread:1. Pick up the best Romantic Comedies you think2. which ones were underrated (overrated) and you would like to recommend.3. what rom-coms you want or are planning to see.4. what should have done better than what they did back in the days.5. or whatever you want to talk about.

Good topic but belongs in favorites, especially since this could be done for 10/20 other types of film genre.

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Share and discuss your favorite movies, actors & actresses, directors, make-up artists, or even your favorite boom mic operators.

Edited by West Hollywood

I have only recently got into romantic comedies  and the reason is Planetes, a japanese anime based in the future about a woman who ends up becoming a debris collector, it was really amazing stuff I noticed that new movie Gravity had some minor resemblances and is probably semi-based off of, it's no surprise even the recent Pacific Rim had many Anime influences well a whole genre of influences actually.

Okay so when I think about Romantic Comedy's many films come to mind, Rushmore, Napoleon Dynamite, Back to the Future and even Forrest Gump! I'm sure there's like 95% of people reading this thinking " this person has no idea what he/she is talking about"

but to be honest I havean't seen that many romantic Comedies and these are the ones I thought of, all romance is kind of subtle, these stories are mostly about people and their journey which later then leads into a romance, 

another two movies I would like to mention would be the Korean Films My Sassy Girl and Windstruck, now if you like romantic comedies, i'm almost positive you will love these two films both a little sad and theirs parts like in every movie where you're sitting their thinking "ya Right" but the focus on relationship building and what comes next for people was intriguing to me and I bought into it. 

Oh and I should Probably Mention Titanic, Of course right. and I guess I'l Mention Salmon Fishing in the Yemen Just because I've never enjoyed a movie like this. I really hold this one up high in the Chick Flick Genre but I was completely suprised by my result i've concluded to in the end, an enjoyable romance, not so much a comedy. 

Wow the more I type the more movies come to mind so I Guess i'l mention the Wedding Singer, being a music junky really helps you like this one as well as liking Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore, I don't particularly like them any way more then any one else in hollywood but I love the roles they played and how they adapted into them, just one really good romantic Comedy. and this one is probably the best suited for this topic, just because it has those elements in it, where Titanic for ex. wouldn't be considered a romantic comedy it would probably just be a Romantic Drama or however you would phrase it.

Movies I have yet to see that would probably be on this list:

What comes to mind is the Before sunrise trilogy but having yet to see it, I still don't know how much of a comedy it is.