Chewy

Weekend Estimates (starting pg 50) July 19-21

Most of the blockbusters have had shitty legs this Summer besides STID.

STiD didn't have great legs either. Defintiely worse than ST09. Stop spinning STiD as some kind of success when it obviously failed to deliver.

• Like 3

I've stated it a thousand times, but no actor in recent years except prime Will Smith and maybe DiCaprio and Denzel right now has been able to draw in ANY role- many actors CAN be huge draws, however, in CERTAIN roles that fulfill one or two appealing factors- Tatum in charming romantic lead style, Neeson as a bad ass action hero, etc.  Also, who in the blue hell sees  animated movies for the voice cast?

• Like 2

Both have crap legs, and that is what the discussion is about. ;)

Pirates 2 was rotten and had a higher than 3 multiplier. on the other hand IM3 had pretty crappy legs and a much better RT score.

I've stated it a thousand times, but no actor in recent years except prime Will Smith and maybe DiCaprio and Denzel right now has been able to draw in ANY role- many actors CAN be huge draws, however, in CERTAIN roles that fulfill one or two appealing factors- Tatum in charming romantic lead style, Neeson as a bad ass action hero, etc.  Also, who in the blue hell sees  animated movies for the voice cast?

Voice acting clearly doesn't count or Ellen Degeneres (Finding Dory) would be bigger than Johnny Depp (Rango).

I agree about Leo but Cruise and Smith were featured heavily in advertising for those films.

They take some of the blame for those flops.

There's a difference between movie focused around the star and movie where star is just used to prop a movie for someone else. AE made it clear Jaden was the lead and that Will was going to be sitting out action scenes (cause his character was injured in the trailer and Jaden sent on a mission aka we follow Jaden for the most of the running time). Likewise, TC was obviously just a rock star who briefly crosses path with the real lead Legend Hough. There was no doubt that she and her movie bf were the focus aka we have to follow them for the most of the running time. And that wasn't an option.

TC definitely wasn't to blame for anything. Will is to blame for pushing his son as a leading man when people want to see Will, not Jaden.

Voice acting clearly doesn't count or Ellen Degeneres (Finding Dory) would be bigger than Johnny Depp (Rango).

True. Animation is a draw. if there's a great voice-work (Ellen as Dory) the better but so-and-so star voices an animated character doesn't put butts in seats. Dory will blow the lid of the boxoffice because she's an iconic character now.

Other than MIB Smith hasn't been a draw since 2007.

PR looks well on its way to a 60 percent drop with that Friday. Breakout WOM of the summer indeed. ;)

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Hey, maybe kids are still at school and parents doing Xmas shopping? Next week will change everything.

Other than MIB Smith hasn't been a draw since 2007.

That's why I said prime Will Smith. His streak from 2002-2007 was the strongest drawing power from one individual actor in my lifetime, though

That's why I said prime Will Smith. His streak from 2002-2007 was the strongest drawing power from one individual actor in my lifetime, though

What about TomCruise from 2000 to 2006?

(MI2, VS, MR, TLS, C, WotW, MI3)

Totally. Give credit where it's due here. Original SH. No 3D. Over $200 mio. And some call STiD a success. :rolleyes:

So there is a 3rd movie because STID flopped?