RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers

No breakouts this summer other than IM3 & DM2. MoS is very good but unspectacular.

By this time in 2007, there are 3 $300M hits and TF1 already did close to $300M. 

Despite so many potential for $300M, including MoS, MU & PR, this summer has

let ....us....down.

PS: I know a poster that declared PR will be a generational movie the way SW did.

I want to let him know I feel his pain. GdT & team put a lot of energy into PR but it

remains a curiosity instead of a breakout hit everybody's expecting. I saw it on IMAX

and it is spectacularly entertaining but strictly for die-hard genre fans. Need more

comic lines, and stronger story. Dunham is gonna get more roles, he is very good in

that role. He's got a great voiceover skill.

• Like 1

No breakouts this summer other than IM3 & DM2. MoS is very good but unspectacular.

By this time in 2007, there are 3 $300M hits and TF1 already did close to $300M. 

Despite so many potential for $300M, including MoS, MU & PR, this summer has

let ....us....down.

PS: I know a poster that declared PR will be a generational movie the way SW did.

I want to let him know I feel his pain. GdT & team put a lot of energy into PR but it

remains a curiosity instead of a breakout hit everybody's expecting. I saw it on IMAX

and it is spectacularly entertaining but strictly for die-hard genre fans. Need more

comic lines, and stronger story. Dunham is gonna get more roles, he is very good in

that role. He's got a great voiceover skill.

Fortunetly, 47 Ronin is going to be that generational movie that PR failed to be. Keanu trumps Who?nnum. End of.

Edited by fishnets

No breakouts this summer other than IM3 & DM2. MoS is very good but unspectacular.By this time in 2007, there are 3 $300M hits and TF1 already did close to $300M. Despite so many potential for $300M, including MoS, MU & PR, this summer haslet ....us....down. PS: I know a poster that declared PR will be a generational movie the way SW did.I want to let him know I feel his pain. GdT & team put a lot of energy into PR but itremains a curiosity instead of a breakout hit everybody's expecting. I saw it on IMAXand it is spectacularly entertaining but strictly for die-hard genre fans. Need morecomic lines, and stronger story. Dunham is gonna get more roles, he is very good inthat role. He's got a great voiceover skill.

No, it hasn't let us down. Up to this point, in admissions, it's the biggest summer since 2007.
  • Like 3

I think MOS getting close to 300 and 700 WW is quite good. Also NYSM with 115 ang GU2 heading to about 130 is also quite good. Then theres Heat with about 160 and Conjuring heading for 130-140. All of these plus IM and DM are great results. There are some soft results no doubt but PR was never going to blow up the way some thought. It's not fair to use 2007 as a comparison. Those three movies over 300 million for all sequels to incredibly popular films. Tell the whole story.

Fox are really underestimating the general audiences intelligence with the way they're handling the X-men franchise.Yes, they have talented actors and creators working on them but the incoherent continuity and totally senseless and twisted injection of characters (for rights reasons only) have pretty much crashed the franchise. Even a 12 year old will realize that Fox doesn't have a clear plan for the franchise and its hurting it big time.First Class would have been an opportunity to re-boot the franchise but they foolishly tied it to the original movies and even messed things up further.IMO, its time for a full X-men reboot from the ground up with a clear plan in mind like Nolan's Batman movies. Either that or allow the rights revert to the owners of the property who will treat it with some modicum of care.

YES!!!!

I think MOS getting close to 300 and 700 WW is quite good. Also NYSM with 115 ang GU2 heading to about 130 is also quite good. Then theres Heat with about 160 and Conjuring heading for 130-140. All of these plus IM and DM are great results. There are some soft results no doubt but PR was never going to blow up the way some thought. It's not fair to use 2007 as a comparison. Those three movies over 300 million for all sequels to incredibly popular films. Tell the whole story.

Lets not forget WWZ doing 200M DOM and 500M+ WW.

• Like 1

And as CJOHN said WWZ is huge and also MU is a very big success. And SMURFS2 will probably do a minimum of 500 WW.

We also had a pretty big number of bombs (After Earth, White House Down, RIPD, The Lone Ranger), but that only shows that you can't put 2 or more big movies being released on every weekend.