RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers

Iron Man 3 wasn't even a serious superhero movie and I don't know how if could be considered one if it didn't have Iron Man in the title. It was a farce comedy with remote controlled suits. 

• Like 6

Wolverine beats IM3 by a relatively small margin for me due to the great first hour and a half. Gotta echo critics and say that last half hour or so dings it down a bit as a great and unique setup gives way to generic and cliche payoff, but there's lots of patches of greatness in it that IM3 and definitely MOS don't have.

i agree some parts of Wolverine are up there with the greatest SH film moments.. (Cant believe Im saying that about a Wolverine film) ...Indeed if they could have kept up the quality throught and through Wolvie would have been perfect. Still its a 8.1 our of 10 and wow factor with that setup for the mega Xmen Cosmic sequel=10+ lol

Problemsi hear Is that it is hard R and that could limit potential

The Heat and The Conjuring say hi. They may not be "hard R," but I've only ever seen Saw-level violence turn people off, and I highly doubt Elysium will offer up anything of that sort. 

• Like 1

Iron Man 3 wasn't even a serious superhero movie and I don't know how if could be considered one if it didn't have Iron Man in the title. It was a farce comedy with remote controlled suits. 

well it had great repeat business domestically and OS.... So the majority ruled on this one.. I thought the writing was incredible and it had some very cool suprises.... Way better than IM2 and almost as good as IM1..... The results were awe inspiring and now Robert D.. will earn 700+Million -800+ million when all is said and done.and buy a few islands as long as he is healthy to do more IM and Avengers films lol

well it had great repeat business domestically and OS.... So the majority ruled on this one.. I thought the writing was incredible and it had some very cool suprises.... Way better than IM2 and almost as good as IM1..... The results were awe inspiring and now Robert D.. will earn 700+Million -800+ million when all is said and done.and buy a few islands as long as he is healthy to do more IM and Avengers films lol

I'm not here to argue with you but yes, it made a pile of money but no the repeat business was not great.  It had a 2.35X.  That's low, very low, not quite Twilight low, but down to Potter low.

The film was great, had something for everyone. Only thing bad was how they raped a mainstream character with that mandarin garbage. If not for that it would have been a 9 out of 10 for most. Shawn black is showing hes not just a great writer but is an incredible director as well :). IM 3 ate Hp7 alive..lol

How so? DH2 finished 130m higher.And if you mean DH1, then why the comparison? Add 3D to DH1, amd it would have finished close to IM3.Next attempt, Kal!

I'm not here to argue with you but yes, it made a pile of money but no the repeat business was not great.  It had a 2.35X.  That's low, very low, not quite Twilight low, but down to Potter low.

Oh but see the OW was far bigger than HP... and Noctis No just no... HP 7part II was in 3D and still failed and it was the last movie..IM not even close to taking a break ..Not even a comparison NOctis.  Over all the multiplier is great.Baum.

OS 800+M :D. Domestic the OW was crazy frontloaded, so it would have had to been really spectacular to have a great multi when you have a near 180M in 3 days.  :)

How so? DH2 finished 130m higher.And if you mean DH1, then why the comparison? Add 3D to DH1, amd it would have finished close to IM3.Next attempt, Kal!

Last movie and building up from 7 films, vs IM only on its third film.. Again No comparison..Try again Noctis..Lol

• Like 1

Last movie and building up from 7 films, vs IM only on its third film.. Again No comparison..Try again Noctis..Lol

DH2 was coming off a 960m film...IM3 was coming off a 1.5b film.