RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers

So no one likes a sore winner, I agree.  But if you are going to make a bold statement about a film and you end up being wrong, if you want to avoid the sore winner syndrome, be a man (or a woman) and fess up to you bad call.

This.  Which is exactly what I have done.

Still, there are some that like to kick a person when they are down for no reason other than to keep pointing out how dumb/stupid/idiotic/blind you were.

• Like 1

The weird thing about the 2015 schedule is that everyone knows it's crazy yet people are still predicting ridiculous totals for well-past-their-prime Jurassic Park and Terminator and Independence Day sequels

• Like 6

In Kal's little world, the more money a movie makes, the better the quality, which is why he brings Avahar into every thread/debate.

Seems most of the world agreed with me that Avatar was a quality movie... Im sorry if all of us dont think like you and Noctis that HP are oscar award winning films...LOL

The weird thing about the 2015 schedule is that everyone knows it's crazy yet people are still predicting ridiculous totals for well-past-their-prime Jurassic Park and Terminator and Independence Day sequels

That won't happen at all. Those ridiculous 500M DOM predictions for some of those films won't be reached if movies are on top of one another, like this summer showed.

Exactly, which is why I hope 2015 doesn't stay as crowded as it is. They should look at this year as a lesson. Having too many big movies on top of each other will ruin any of them doing what they could be capable of doing.

Agreed K1st and Robert... Still SW7, Avengers 2, MOS 2 with Batman and most of all Juggernaut 2015 should prove immune if the quality is great. :)

• Like 1

That won't happen at all. Those ridiculous 500M DOM predictions for some of those films won't be reached if movies are on top of one another, like this summer showed.

I think even 300M is crazy and not gonna happen for those sequels

• Like 1

Haven't seen one Terminator, JP or ID4 500M predict. MOS2, AoU and SW7 all yes to 500M+

• Like 1

I see that too. Shouldn't The Hobbit be an example of why you can't expect sequels, prequels, spinoffs, whatever... to always increase or match those that once were in their primes?

I'm curious most about which movie will take the Memorial Day spot. So far, other times of the year looks super crowded, but it seems that nothing is scheduled close to TA2 yet. 

It's amazing how many long delayed sequels or concepts are set for 2015

Batman vs. Superman (been talked about for decades)

Star Wars Episode 7 (10 years later ... 30+ years after first wanting it)

Terminator Reboot (12 years after last 'real' Arnold film)

Plus ...

Jurassic Park 4 (14 years later)

Independence Day 2 (19 years later)

Finding Dory. (12 years later)

Only B vs. S, FD & SW seem secure ... the rest will be total wildcards which could utterly bomb.

Edited by Adam
  • Like 1

I see that too. Shouldn't The Hobbit be an example of why you can't expect sequels, prequels, spinoffs, whatever... to always increase or match those that once were in their primes?

I'm curious most about which movie will take the Memorial Day spot. So far, other times of the year looks super crowded, but it seems that nothing is scheduled close to TA2 yet. 

200M from 1991 some inflation has to come into play. A good Terminator movie should do over T2. It wasn't like T1 or T2 made 300M+ ID4-2 will have a tough challenge to reach ID4 #'s. JP4 match the original is tough, but JP2 is in reach.

• Like 1

Exactly, which is why I hope 2015 doesn't stay as crowded as it is. They should look at this year as a lesson. Having too many big movies on top of each other will ruin any of them doing what they could be capable of doing.

Any yet people still want MOS2, SW7, and their moms crammed into the summer.