Plain Old Tele

BoxOffice.com's top 20 action scenes of all time (VOTING IS CLOSED)

I think Stingray did this last year but we never actually got any final results I believe so I am happy to go through it all again as long as there are actually some results afterwards.

(P.S I agree with sticking to a top twenty from each voter, but maybe if there are enough votes made, produce a top 50 list at the end of everything :) )

I did! :)

Unfortunately I never got enough lists. But I still have those who did submit in my mailbox. :)

And I'm sure with Tele doing this there will be a lot more participants this time around. ;)

I wouldn't consider any of DIE HARD among the best action scenes ever, despite the fact that the movie itself is fantastic.

I agree.  I can't think of one scene in the film that stands out.  Maybe the fire hose scene and jumping off the roof.  But that isn't anything compared to some of the greats like Raiders or Rambo and so on (imo).

• Like 1

I did! :)

Unfortunately I never got enough lists. But I still have those who did submit in my mailbox. :)

And I'm sure with Tele doing this there will be a lot more participants this time around. ;)

Can you send me my list I sent you, if you still have it please.

So we are doing this one now?

Yes I believe so :)

and so things like the below post, needs to be trasferred across to here :D

In a vain and futile attempt to plug a personal love of mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CKxDMOF4EI

something maybe a lot more obvious...

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfoVFXjIukY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfoVFXjIukY[/url

And my list (same as a year ago really):

1 - matrix - lobby fight2 - oldboy corridor3 - independence day final battle4 - T2 - t800 vs t10005 - die hard 4: bruce vs fighter jet6 - Bourne identity - knife vs pen assassin7 - raiders of the lost ark opening8 - rambo 4 final battle: truck9 - matrix - Neo vs multiple smiths10- Jurassic park - trex chases the car11- private ryan opening scene12- avengers final battle13- team america - paris opening scene14- back to the future 3 - train scene15- kick ass - night vision scene16- matrix - roof scene: bullet time17- avengers - hulk smash loki18- Rocky 1 - rocky vs apollo19- braveheart - battle of stirling20- Blade - blade frost sword fight

• Like 1

My ballot:

1. Final Battle (Return of the Jedi)

2. The Avengers final Battle (From The Avengers)3. The Invasion of the Beach of Normandy (From Saving Private Ryan)4. The end bar Scene where Clint Eastwood shoots up the bar (From Unforgiven)5. Robocop shoots up the drug factory (From Robocop)6. The shooting at the house at the end of L.A. Confidential (From L.A. Confidential)7. Stallone fights Wesley Snipes in the museum (Demolition Man)8. Rocky fights the Russian (Rocky IV)9. Iron Man fighting Thor (From The Avengers)10. The end battle in We Were Soldiers (From We Were Soldiers)11. Arnold fights the T-1000 at the end of Terminator 2 (From Terminator 2)12. Rocky’s final battle with Mr. T (From Rocky III)13. The last air battle in Top Gun (From Top Gun)14. The Alamo end scene (From Davey Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier)15. The opening battle in Gladiator (From Gladiator)16. Rocky fights Apollo and wins the title (From Rocky II)17. The recreation of the Battle for Carthage (From Gladiator)18. The final air battle (Independence Day)

19. Airplane scene at end of Die Hard 2 (Die Hard 2)

20. Blowing up the Death Star (Star Wars)

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 1

FYC:  Bad Boys:  Don't say I never done anything for you.

One of my absolute favourite scenes in any film.  Bay at his absolute finest, before anyone knew who he really was: And the scene that made Smith a MOVIE STAR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH83pQCzI7I

Edited by tiffybaumer