RobinHood26

What Movie are you watching right now?

Today I watched:

The Long Goodbye: Not bad neo-noir, but I felt like it lost itself a bit at times.

Flyboys: I'm pretty sure there was a good movie in there. The dogfight scenes are pretty enjoyable. However, they apparently wrote, filmed, and edited together about three films to make this one. It could have done with cutting out about an hour of the bloat.

Madagascar 3: I really don't like Madagascar, but this one is pretty fun overall, despite feeling a bit disjointed and episodic. Points for perhaps the best use of Katy Perry possible.

Today's movies:

Tomorrow, When the War Began - It doesn’t quite get to the psychological horror of being forced to take part in a war that the book has, and doesn’t ever address the xenophobic undertones, so it’s pretty much an Australian Red Dawn without being overtly racist. But the action’s pretty good.Fist of Fury - The dubbing job is atrocious, but nobody’s really going to watch it for that. Bruce Lee’s spectacular martial arts at play more than makes up for the film showing its age in other ways.Yobi, the Five-Tailed Fox - Why the fuck were there aliens? Someone really wanted to make a Miyazaki-esque film but didn’t have quite the talent to pull it off. It needed a few excess elements trimmed. Like the aliens.