CJohn

Avatar: Fire and Ash | December 19, 2025 | RIP Jon Landau

3 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

hope that never happens!

ps: if a topic is archived can it be un-archived? I mean from a technical perspective, lets imagine I'm still here 5 years from now and the thread get locked, if my sentimental ass kindly asks an admin or mod to open it one time so that I can say my goodbyes to all the silliness (and the wasted hours) that went on in there, would anything be able to stop a willing mod from doing so?

Yes it can. We have done that before a couple times when a project we assumed was dead gets some new announcements.

But I mean in that scenario, you can just use the Classic Conversation Thread, which is our non-movies discussion thread.

6 minutes ago, Eric Creed said:

Yes it can. We have done that before a couple times when a project we assumed was dead gets some new announcements.

But I mean in that scenario, you can just use the Classic Conversation Thread, which is our non-movies discussion thread.

thanks

Yeah I doubt this, they work til the very last week to deliver the first two movies and now I'm supposed to believe cameron is gonna triple the workload, not to mention he said like a couple weeks ago that a show is too expensive right now and to.l check in 5 years from now

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Eric Batson said:

lmao this weirdo over here

This is a VERY BAD idea. If im a GA member and find out that this is a thing is be thinking " why would I spend 3+ hours to see a part of a thing when I can wait and see the whole thing at home

20 years ago if you told me I wouldn't give a shit at all about what James Cameron is doing as a filmmaker I would've called you insane, but here we are.  I just tried giving Avatar 2 another shot on HBOMax and I noped out of that in about an hour.  Its just so plodding and all over the place with no real story/narrative momentum(which at least the first one had however formulaic/cliched it was) and often shit dialogue(bro, cuz).  Wtf happened to this once mighty filmmaker?

Edited by Ozymandias
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

20 years ago if you told me I wouldn't give a shit at all about what James Cameron is doing as a filmmaker I would've called you insane, but here we are.  I just tried giving Avatar 2 another shot on HBOMax and I noped out of that in about an hour.  Its just so plodding and all over the place with no real story/narrative momentum(which at least the first one had however formulaic/cliched it was) and often shit dialogue(bro, cuz).  Wtf happened to this once mighty filmmaker?

His ego has grown too big.

I think the chatter about the state of the production before A2's release was that 3 was already shot and deep in post and even some small part of 4 already shot to have the kids still young. After the Saldana quote from earlier this year it was obvious this was moving. 

Since they already gave 3 and 4 such a big gap, let's hope all the sequel dates stick this time.