kitik

Weekend est pg 22 - 2 Guns 27.4, Wolv 21.7, Smurfs 18.2

I'm seeing fruitvale Tom

OK, then I'll see Blue Jasmine so we can cross-review them tomorrow. And Fruitvale on Sunday.

The film is very well composed, precise and careful in how each shot is framed and intended. But it's a bit too...not really sure what the right term is, but it definitely felt a bit too arty in some ways. Film needed to be a bit more grounded and real rather than being so clever and theoretical in how it unfolded the plot and characters.

I liked it, I understand why Gopher and a couple others loved it, but I'm not quite sold on it being brilliant.

Interesting obseravtion. I'll definitely pay attention.

They announced a live action Jonny Quest several years ago. Again nothing ever came of it. As for the recent Thundercats show, I agree it was great, shame it was cancelled because of lack of merchandising, and apparently it wasn’t getting the demographic that CN wanted to (more older people were watching it).

I think the recent series would work as a film, it used what made the original good and improved on it but as you said didn't click with kids,
  • Like 1

I think the recent series would work as a film, it used what made the original good and improved on it but as you said didn't click with kids,

I agree. I love the original Thundercats (specifically because of nostalgia), but I admit the remake has better character development, and does some very interesting things with the mythology (Grune being a main villain was a stroke of genius).

They could definitely base a movie off the 2011 series (live action or not), and I would watch it on the big screen.

• Like 2

I wonder what the cult hit will be this year anyway?Which of course tend to be films that bombed critically and financially. (Such as Blade Runner, Rocky Horror, I guess Newsies can go here too, I actually saw that in theaters-it was apparently not liked much at the time and only made 2 million yet is very known now)

Saying something like Kick Ass 2 or You're Next is too expected...I want to think of something nobody else will....

• Like 3

I wonder what the cult hit will be this year anyway?Which of course tend to be films that bombed critically and financially. (Such as Blade Runner, Rocky Horror, I guess Newsies can go here too, I actually saw that in theaters-it was apparently not liked much at the time and only made 2 million yet is very known now)Saying something like Kick Ass 2 or You're Next is too expected...I want to think of something nobody else will....

We Are the Millers maybe?

Kids films have not gotten worse or better as some have said on here. They are basically the same as always.

Some on here said Cats and Dogs was a great film, I don't know any adult who loved that in 2001. I rather not get into this convo again though.

I agree. I love the original Thundercats (specifically because of nostalgia), but I admit the remake has better character development, and does some very interesting things with the mythology (Grune being a main villain was a stroke of genius). They could definitely base a movie off the 2011 series (live action or not), and I would watch it on the big screen.

A lot of animated reboots arent necessarily better than the originals but some like Thundercats and the 2003 TMNT series have more character development and played less for laughs, Thundercats I think could had a lot of potential but was sadly cut short, I believe they were planning to include characters from sister series like Silverhawks for one episode had a second season been ordered.

I wonder what the cult hit will be this year anyway?Which of course tend to be films that bombed critically and financially. (Such as Blade Runner, Rocky Horror, I guess Newsies can go here too, I actually saw that in theaters-it was apparently not liked much at the time and only made 2 million yet is very known now) Saying something like Kick Ass 2 or You're Next is too expected...I want to think of something nobody else will....

Newsies became a hit through video and TV and has spawned a very successful stage musical which funnily has made more money than the film,

Kids films have not gotten worse or better as some have said on here. They are basically the same as always.Some on here said Cats and Dogs was a great film, I don't know any adult who loved that in 2001. I rather not get into this convo again though.

I think you'll always have good and bad kids films, there were a lot of stinkers in the 90s and 00s alongside the classics.

A lot of animated reboots arent necessarily better than the originals but some like Thundercats and the 2003 TMNT series have more character development and played less for laughs, Thundercats I think could had a lot of potential but was sadly cut short, I believe they were planning to include characters from sister series like Silverhawks for one episode had a second season been ordered.

That would have been great.

Screw Cartoon Network!

Edited by Boxofficefanatic
  • Like 1

80s had some really odd ones-70s had some of the worse though but then again there were not a lot of kids films.

In the end there is no true bomb but that is for another day.

I might have to leave soon if this lighting keeps up.

Terrible Friday number for THE SMURFS ll. Not surprised though. Was bound to drop.

I also don't think it was DESPICABLE ME ll that made July 2013 the 2nd biggest aggregated month ever. True, it's the biggest grosser of the month, but I think it was the holdovers from June and July's THE CONJURING that really helped. Every year, there is this one big July movie but it's the holdovers this year that mattered.