Sims

Boxoffice.com's Top 100 Films of All Time 2013: THE RESULTS (final list in OP)

Would love to stay up to read the rest of this.  But I won't.  Shit films in here so far.  Glad Halloween and Usual Suspects made the list so far but both should be way higher.  Citizen Kane can suck it and TDKR and KB1 are horrible inclusions.

You're going to like the list soon...

Would love to stay up to read the rest of this.  But I won't.  Shit films in here so far.  Glad Halloween and Usual Suspects made the list so far but both should be way higher.  Citizen Kane can suck it and TDKR and KB1 are horrible inclusions.

Kill Bill is awesome as hell, but I agree it probably doesn't belong on a 100 list.

• Like 3

It's also insanely ridiculous.  Armageddon makes more sense and Bay even admits that he wrote it full well knowing that a lot of it didn;t make sense.  

And a bunch of furry little creatures beating invaders from space that have a weapon that can destroy a whole planet using stone age weapons makes sense? Because ROTJ just made it, and in a much higher place than TDKR.

Edited by Tower
  • Like 1

41. A Clockwork Orange

LYR: 45

Stanley Kubrick, 1971

Nominated for 4 Oscars

58 points

"Public opinion has a way of changing."

Synopsis: In future Britain, charismatic delinquent Alex DeLarge is jailed and volunteers for an experimental aversion therapy developed by the government in an effort to solve society's crime problem... but not all goes to plan.

Trivia: Stanley Kubrick's first solo screenplay. 

40. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

LYR: 69

Sergio Leone

58 points

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Synopsis: A bounty hunting scam joins two men in an uneasy alliance against a third in a race to find a fortune in gold buried in a remote cemetery.

Trivia: Orson Welles warned Sergio Leone not to make this movie on the grounds that Civil War pictures were box office poison.

2 very deserving ones in a row!

• Like 1

90. Sunset Blvd.

Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Sunset Boulevard is probably the film that I've seen the most number of times. It is insanely rewatchable and Norma Desmond is such a fascinating character. "I am big. It's the pictures that got small." :wub:

89. Heat

Meh. Meh movie. Meh choice. 

88. Do the Right ThingI like the movie, but not this much. Top 250. Maybe 300-350. It's not really that good. 

87. North by Northwest

I'm just happy that this made the list this year. It's a great Hitchcock but I feel like it gets shafted for the media proclaimed greater Hitchcocks like Psycho, Vertigo, and Rear Window. Those are all brilliant films and all on my top 100 list, but I feel like North by Northwest has got a right balance of comedy, drama, action, suspense, and etc. that really makes it perfect. My #3. 

86. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

All I'm gonna say is that Lost Ark better be coming up or I'll loose my shit. 

85. The Usual Suspects

Good film. Not worthy of 85 though. 

84. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

I'm a big Potter-head, but this is ridiculous. And this is speaking as someone who loved Part 2 the most out of the series. 

83. Children of MenI love, love, love this film. Top 200 for me. Cuaron is just such an amazing director from Potter to this to hopefully Gravity. 

82. TrainspottingMy #157, but good for Boyle. It's a kinda odd movie, but brilliant regardless. 

81. Star Trek (2009)BO Forums, your fanboy is showing. 

Edited by riczhang

Ugh, sorry guys, I have to take a short break (not my choice). I know some of you probably need to go to bed or do other things, and that's fine. 

1 hour? 2 hours? I will sleep a bit now. Hopefully won't lose too much.

Edited by CJohn

Pretty good so far, mostly expected top 50. 

Disliked: Gladiator :puke: Liked, but nowhere near top 100: 

Life of Pi Full Metal Jacket The Big LebowskiIndiana Jones and the Last Crusade The Usual SuspectsStar Trek (probably not even top 1000) Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black PearlHalloween Beauty and the Beast Citizen KaneSaving Private RyanThe Wizard of OzMonty Python and the Holy Grail The Truman ShowMemento Return of the JediJust outside top 100: Planet of the Apes The Terminator North by Northwest The Dark Knight Rises AladdinSe7enFinding NemoBatman BeginsSpider-Man 2Apocalypse Now Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb The Good, the Bad and the UglyIn top 100: Almost Famous Blade Runner Do the Right Thing Kill Bill Vol. 1Toy Story 2Inglorious Basterds L.A. Confidential RatatouilleFargoThe Incredibles AlienIn top 50: Requiem For a Dream (#46)Sunset Blvd. (#21)Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 (#23) Children of Men (#16)Trainspotting (#5) No Country for Old Men (#45) The Silence of the Lambs (#48)Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (#1) :angry: American Beauty (#2)   :angry: Psycho (#4)Pan's Labyrinth (#22)One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (#38) Chinatown (#32) The Shining (#40) A Clockwork Orange (#29)Haven't seen: All Quiet on the Western Front Once Upon a time in the West Heat 

NetworkCity of God :ph34r: (Please don't judge me) It's A Wonderful Life (I know, I know) 

Edited by Fanboy

79. Halloween (1978)
I have nothing to say to this. 

78. Aladdin

My second favourite Disney Renaissance film after Beauty and the Beast. 

77. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

I really have nothing to say about this. This is just shameful. Fun and entertaining =/= all-time great. 

76. No Country for Old Men

This is a brilliant entry. Slightly lower than I had hoped, but whatever. No Country is well crafted and well made. Possibly my favourite Coen. 

75. Kill Bill Vol. 1
Not a QT fan at all. 

74. Se7en
Nor a Fincher fan. 

73. Finding Nemo
SPEW. I hated this movie 

72. Network
I knew I forgot something big on my list. 

71. Toy Story 2
The Trilogy is #132 on my list. My second favourite toy story. Nice to see it here. 

Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

after strangelove jumped so much i was hoping clockwork would follow suit :( but it's still great.

and if a new hope is any indication, i'm sure ROTJ is awful.

all that i have seen (position on my top 100)

41. a clockwork orange A+ #2
42. dr strangelove A+ #6
44. apocalypse now A+ would have been #11
45. alien B+ #78
46. the shining A- #53
47. the incredibles B+ #68
48. chinatown A- #35
50. el laberinto del fauno A #23
51. memento A- #36
52. truman show B-
54. psycho B #93
55. spider-man 2 B-