Sims

Boxoffice.com's Top 100 Films of All Time 2013: THE RESULTS (final list in OP)

94. Blade Runner

LYR: 237

Ridley Scott, 1982

Nominated for 2 Oscars

31 points

"I'm Deckard. Blade Runner. Two sixty-three fifty-four. I'm filed and monitored."

Synopsis: Deckard, a blade runner, has to track down and terminate 4 replicants who hijacked a ship in space and have returned to Earth seeking their maker.

Trivia: Although Philip K. Dick saw only the opening 20 minutes of footage prior to his death on March 2, 1982, he was extremely impressed, and has been quoted by Paul Sammon as saying, "It was my own interior world. They caught it perfectly." However neither Ridley Scott nor screenwriter David Webb Peoples actually read Dick's novel.

93. The Big Lebowski

LYR: 41

Joel and Ethan Coen, 1998

31 points

"Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Synopsis: "Dude" Lebowski, mistaken for a millionaire Lebowski, seeks restitution for his ruined rug and enlists his bowling buddies to help get it.

Trivia: The word "dude" is used around 161 times in the movie. 160 spoken and once in text in the credits for "Gutterballs" the second dream sequence.

92. Once Upon A Time in the West

LYR: 199

Sergio Leone, 1968

32 points

"How can you trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders? The man can't even trust his own pants."

Synopsis: Epic story of a mysterious stranger with a harmonica who joins forces with a notorious desperado to protect a beautiful widow from a ruthless assassin working for the railroad.

Trivia: The first draft of the script was 436 pages long.

• Like 2

blade runner *gag* the most overrated, convoluted mess ever

lebowski *yay* but why the drop? :(

once upon a time in the west...eh, it's overrated, a complete mess in the middle. but amazing opening.

anyway, i like the fact that it's not too mainstream yet

92. once upon a time in the west B-

93. the big lebowski A #16

94. blade runner D-

95. full metal jacket #79

99. all quiet on the western front #18

Edited by lisa

91. The Terminator

LYR: 28

James Cameron, 1984

32 points

"I'll be back."

Synopsis: A robotic assassin from a post-apocalyptic future travels back in time to eliminate a waitress, whose son will grow up and lead humanity in a war against machines

Trivia: The initial draft for the movie was sold to James Cameron's wife, Gale Anne Hurd for the price of $1 only.

90. Sunset Blvd.

LYR: 210

Billy Wilder, 1950

Nominated for 11 Oscars, won 3

32 points

"All right Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my closeup."

Synopsis: A hack screenwriter writes a screenplay for a former silent-film star who has faded into Hollywood obscurity.

Trivia: Paramount were more than happy to be the subject of the film, and didn't ask for the studio to be disguised. In fact, such was the buzz about the film during production that the viewing of the daily rushes became one of the hottest tickets on the lot.

89. Heat

LYR: 244

Michael Mann, 1995

33 points

"Who? Who? What are you a fuckin' owl?"

Synopsis: A group of professional bank robbers start to feel the heat from police when they unknowingly leave a clue at their latest heist.

Trivia: Nick Nolte and Jeff Bridges were discussed as a possible alternative for the two leading roles.

• Like 1