Neo

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | June 30 2023 | Very mixed reviews out of Cannes

23 minutes ago, Daf said:

I haven't heard that anything of the sort happens in this movie? Definitely doesn't sound like something Harrison Ford would sign off on.

From the sounds of it nothing like that happens but that does not stop the usual suspects from believing that sight unseen and raging about it.  There might be problems with the movie but the marginalization of Indiana Jones is not one of them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PrinceRico said:

If this really opens as low as it being predicted then what are the odds it won’t even make 200 million

Is this not the definition of a frontloaded, fanboy driven movie? I don't see why it would have good legs. I haven't seen it but based on the reviews it is clearly not a Top Gun level crowdpleaser

4 hours ago, LegionWrex said:

Obviously it's a symptom of a bigger problem in Hollywood rn cause literally every blockbuster is expensive as all hell but there are legit reasons this one cost this much.

Hiring an 80 year old for an action film is a predictable cost. Am not giving them much defence here.

34 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Rotten Tomatoes needs a fucking cleansing.

Harrison Ford Fight GIF by Indiana Jones

Noah Berlatsky is like the definition of an SJW. If you've ever seen any of his tweets, he says stuff like "Inside Llewyn Davis is problematic I prefer Music and Lyrics." This quote is clearly meant to signal something else.

I will say this unreservedly, this movie probably would've done better if Crystal Skull hadn't come out in the meantime.

It did sort of eat up a lot of the easy "Indy's BACK!" oxygen, and the fact that it went from great initial reviews to pretty middling reception and legacy probably didn't exactly help to build some of that back up again. 

18 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Noah Berlatsky is like the definition of an SJW. If you've ever seen any of his tweets, he says stuff like "Inside Llewyn Davis is problematic I prefer Music and Lyrics." This quote is clearly meant to signal something else.

It doesn’t matter. Still shouldn’t be on RT. 

3 hours ago, Maggie said:

At the end of the day, the biggest issue with this movie is that Ford is too damn old to be a believable action hero. Call me ageist, but people are sensing something is not right

2 hours ago, Bob Train said:

I don’t think Ford’s age is the issue. The issue is that Indy fans won’t show up for Crystal Skull 2, because they don’t want to see Indy bullied and replaced.

His age is definitely a factor. Expecting audiences (who are already suspending their belief in multiple ways) to buy an octogenarian as an action hero is a tough sell. Plus the movie looks generic and not different enough from Crystal Skull to stand out as anything meaningfully new. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daf said:

I haven't heard that anything of the sort happens in this movie? Definitely doesn't sound like something Harrison Ford would sign off on.

Ford signed off on Solo being killed by his son just for fun and laughter, why are you pretending Ford gives a shit about how his character is perceived? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, scytheavatar said:

Ford signed off on Solo being killed by his son just for fun and laughter, why are you pretending Ford gives a shit about how his character is perceived? 

Ford was adamant for over 30 years that Han Solo should meet a tragic end rather live ever after as Princess Leia's boy toy, and by most accounts wouldn't return unless they gave him that. Sounds to me like he cared a lot.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, scytheavatar said:

Because he has always made it pretty clear that he cares way more about Indiana Jones than Han Solo