A Marvel Fanboy

Dredd (September 21, 2012)

These are mostly UK reviewers right? I wonder if it all goes south when the American reviewers start to weigh in. Hopefully not but that's what happened with Thor.

It's definitely a possibility, but considering the enthusiastic reception at the SDCC screening, I'm not too worried. Edited by YoursTruly

If this really is that good and fun I hope it somehow manages to climb over the 50 mil markQuality needs to be supportedWe don't want more Total Recalls do we ?

I hope so too. Garland already has the sequels pretty much written, and they sound awesome. If audiences show up and the second and third movies are green-lit with decent budgets, it could be a really nifty trilogy.

It's definitely a possibility, but considering the enthusiastic reception at the SDCC screening, I'm not too worried.

That's good to hear. I really like Urban and I want this to do well. What is the buzz like?

That's good to hear. I really like Urban and I want this to do well. What is the buzz like?

It's getting some buzz for being unexpectedly good, but I'm not sure how much that will help at the box office. It's still a hard R film based on a second (third?) tier comic book character that already had a near-fatal big screen hack job. A $15M opening weekend seems like the best case scenario. That extra 3D revenue will certainly help! Edited by YoursTruly

It's getting some buzz for being unexpectedly good, but I'm not sure how much that will help at the box office. It's still a hard R film based on a second (third?) tier comic book character that already had a near-fatal big screen hack job. A $15M opening weekend seems like the best case scenario. That extra 3D revenue will certainly help!

Hopefully it's well received in the UK and the buzz spreads from there.

Thats for the bigger budget sequel if this one does well. ;)

I do wish it well. Seems a lot of people are really excited for it. And then there are the geeks that complain about every little detail not being like the comics, lol. But doesn't see to be too many of those out there.

I'm surprised by the reviews. No way it holds 100% in a few more weeks but surprising start critically. It's funny, I actually watched the original on the Big Screen in 95, I was 15. I brought a used VHS of it a few years later. I didn't think the orignal was that bad but it did have it's flaws. It looks like this one is taking a page from "The Raid" Indonesian film. But it looks pretty violent, I may give it a chance cause I like the Dredd character. But I have to be honest, the trailer didn't do it for it.