Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

Fantastic opening! Could go closer to $8M as Sunday was well above Saturday!

With this opening and the trend..... it could hit $20M!! :o

I was expecting this to do well.... i.e. $10M, but not this well.

• Like 1

I saw Jungle Book today. What a crazy experience. I'm in India for vacation so my cousin's family and I went to an afternoon show which was completely packed. About 30mins in my seat shook so I assummed someone behind me was hitting my seat instead it was a small earthquake. Everone started freaking out but after 15 mins, it resumed again. Movie is good but I didn't know it was the dubbed version so no Elba, Murray or any english voices. It took a while to get used to the dub but overall I enjoyed it. I'll be here through beginning of the next month so I'm gonna have to watch Civil War here. I'll definitely watch that in English, dub won't work at all.

• Like 1

I didn't realize The Jungle Books is that popular in India. But then again, it's Kipling's and it's set in India. When I saw this movie yesterday here in Indonesia, I noticed there are a lot of Indians in the crowd. It's really interesting to see which Hollywood movie strikes a chord with people in a particular country, especially in Asia (like Frozen in Japan and Zootopia in China).

Edited by catlover

Jungle Book has hit $10M in India after 4 days!!

Daily grosses:

FRI: $2.1M

SAT: $2.8M

SUN: $3.5M ($8.4M weekend, as reported by the studio today)

MON: $1.6M

With the strong Monday hold, 100 crore ($21M) is almost a lock now..... and it has a chance at beating FF7 to become the highest-grossing Hollywood movie of all time!!

17 hours ago, catlover said:

I didn't realize The Jungle Books is that popular in India. But then again, it's Kipling's and it's set in India. When I saw this movie yesterday here in Indonesia, I noticed there are a lot of Indians in the crowd. It's really interesting to see which Hollywood movie strikes a chord with people in a particular country, especially in Asia (like Frozen in Japan and Zootopia in China).

From what I've been told (though somebody can correct me if I'm wrong), India's love for The Jungle Book was boosted by Nippon Animation's 1989 critically acclaimed anime Jungle Book Shonen Mowgli, which sounds similar to this movie in that both combined elements from the original Kipling stories and the 1967 Disney movie.

Disney Marketing (because they are scary efficient fuckers who will take over the world in a bloodless coup as we sleep) realized this and shrewdly tapped into the country's attachment and nostalgia for this series. By getting the composers of the incredibly popular Hindi version of the show's theme song to record a new cover for this film and allow the video to go viral Let It Go style:

The original theme song from the Hindi dub of the anime:

The Hindi dub of Favreau's movie also features the voices of an ensemble Bollywood star cast including Priyanka Chopra. 

• Like 1

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ZinHere said:

Guys, share your opening Weekend predictions for FAN. How much do you think it can/will collect? 

I'm actually quite looking forward to Fan, it will take a big opening just on SRK's name alone but the movie looks slightly offbeat for SRK as opposed to his out and out commercial ventures. Hoping to catch it on Friday here in the US. The role of Gaurav looks like SRKs best performance since Chak De to be honest, I am getting the same vibe I got seeing Kangana in Tanu Weds Manu Returns last year, feels like 2 different actors.

Hopefully it opens to 40-50Cr since the content will limit initial appeal, but if it is good I see it having a long and leggy run.

• Like 2

Watched the Baaghi trailer, they pretty much mashed together The Karate Kid  (wax on, wax off), Bloodsport (left for dead and then return to train in martial arts) and most of all The Raid (pretty blatantly) and added a love story as motivation

:bash::bash: