Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

I credit the success of Jungle Book to this trip down memory lane, everyone who eagerly watched this growing up now has kids of their own to take to the movie

I heard they actually ran trailers for Jungle Book containing this song as well.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I credit the success of Jungle Book to this trip down memory lane, everyone who eagerly watched this growing up now has kids of their own to take to the movie

I heard they actually ran trailers for Jungle Book containing this song as well.

No doubt that song helped, even though it's not part of the movie.

14 minutes ago, Aristis said:

Are increases normal on Wed and Thursday? Or does this show extremely well WOM?

I don't think it's normal, considering India is not a leggy market at all. Especially a jump that big on Thursday that makes it bigger than the 1st Friday. Maybe there's a holiday of some kind? But still, having an upward trajectory on weekdays means WOM is extremely good.

Edited by catlover
  • Like 1

On 4/14/2016 at 8:31 PM, Agafin said:

So $20 million is locked? Absolutely crazy.

Even $25M is locked.

There is a genuine chance that we can have our first ever $30M grosser in USD and 200 crore in INR!! (for a Hollywood movie)

Fan is a massive boxoffice disappointment. Infact, it is almost in flop territory considering the overall expenditure. Anyone who says otherwise is a biased srk fan or on his pay roll.  I actually liked the movie. The portion after interval was not good but the climax was solid. Better than his last 3 movies combined.

Whenver he tries to do something different, it almost always disappoints at the box-office barring Chak De India, thanks to tax free status it got back in 2007.

Now Raees is also in limbo because salman+yrf have scared him away. Frankly the teaser for Raees looks way better than Sultan, but at the moment it looks like srk is going through bad patch.

How the tables have turned this decade!

3 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Fan is a massive boxoffice disappointment. Infact, it is almost in flop territory considering the overall expenditure. Anyone who says otherwise is a biased srk fan or on his pay roll.  I actually liked the movie. The portion after interval was not good but the climax was solid. Better than his last 3 movies combined.

Whenver he tries to do something different, it almost always disappoints at the box-office barring Chak De India, thanks to tax free status it got back in 2007.

Now Raees is also in limbo because salman+yrf have scared him away. Frankly the teaser for Raees looks way better than Sultan, but at the moment it looks like srk is going through bad patch.

How the tables have turned this decade!

That's too bad, because I agree, it's better than his last 3 movies combined. I enjoyed it a lot. When he finally makes something good, it's not appreciated enough. Maybe The Jungle Book affected it?

Edited by catlover

1 hour ago, catlover said:

That's too bad, because I agree, it's better than his last 3 movies combined. I enjoyed it a lot. When he finally makes something good, it's not appreciated enough. Maybe The Jungle Book affected it?

Definitely. The Jungle Book has become first choice for families because of the excellent word of mouth and nostalgia. No one was expecting it to be so massive in India until a brilliant piece of marketing was carried out by Disney's local division. If you don't know what I am talking about look up "Jungle Book jungle jungle baat pata chal hai + Hindi" on YouTube.