Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

On 11/01/2018 at 1:58 AM, NamakFiskKa said:

Krrish 4 will probably sell more tickets in India then Avatar 2 will ever do in America

Thats not gonna happen considering how bad Krish3 was. One of the worst id say. Many call Ra.One as one of the worst movies but id say its Krish3. Ra.One had super cool visuals it was technically great but faltered completely when it boiled down to content. 

Director is outdated his movies are like old school plots/themes/storylines etc. 

This franchisee needs a reinvention. Post Marvel Boom in India people will definitely ask for more from a Indian SH as well if not on par with Hollwood SH. Comparisons will be inevitable. 

On 2/7/2018 at 9:25 PM, John Rambo said:

Thats not gonna happen considering how bad Krish3 was. One of the worst id say. Many call Ra.One as one of the worst movies but id say its Krish3. Ra.One had super cool visuals it was technically great but faltered completely when it boiled down to content. 

Director is outdated his movies are like old school plots/themes/storylines etc. 

This franchisee needs a reinvention. Post Marvel Boom in India people will definitely ask for more from a Indian SH as well if not on par with Hollwood SH. Comparisons will be inevitable. 

Ra.One was garbage of the highest order. Tried to do techno mumbo jumbo story telling like hollywood and fell flat on its face. Not to mention, the only thing people remember about that movie is Chamak Challo by Akon. That tells you everything about that movie.

In India old school plots, themes, etc are still valuable and indispensable for story telling in bollywood. 

1+ billion population. Marvel is no doubt popular, but to say Indian people will demand for more is asking for too much. They make many nonsense buffonry films a big hit...all Hrithik has to do is look great, dance well, throw some nice action scenes with cool vfx and old school emotions/plot. Wallah. 

For MCU type story telling, you need similar comics which frankly don't exist nowadays in India. Marvel has taken over Indian comics. Also, you need actors willing to work with each other and who don't have insecurity. ALL A-list bollywood actors are insecure and don't want to share screen space so forget of MCU style storytelling.

I do agree that a change in director would be a good idea, but the Roshans hold this franchise close to the chest. They have hired Sanjay Gupta to work/polish the script so who knows. 

Edited by marveldcfox

At first, I thought BP might not do more than 4 million in India, but it's going to do surprisingly excellent in India. Like BIG numbers.

The line outside the IMAX theatre I went to was long. 70% full. 

Infinity war trailer garnered huge reception and everyone was buzzing until Guardians showed..pin drop silence. Ant man...1 girl clapped. 

Edited by marveldcfox

Had a higher than expected Friday, but Saturday didn't show the typical marvel comic book movie growth.. ~19% growth. That means the movie will kinda struggle going forward. Still it will do more than the 4M MAX total that I was thinking it would do. I guess for the Indian audience, the lack of big action set pieces/vfx and not connecting with it at a personal level is what will prevent it from grossing 8-10M. The hype and buzz has gotten it a very good opening which otherwise might not have been possible. I actually liked it a lot...it has problems but the themes and messages it gets across without being preachy was great.   

Edited by marveldcfox

On 2/18/2018 at 12:26 AM, marveldcfox said:

Had a higher than expected Friday, but Saturday didn't show the typical marvel comic book movie growth.. ~19% growth. That means the movie will kinda struggle going forward. Still it will do more than the 4M MAX total that I was thinking it would do. I guess for the Indian audience, the lack of big action set pieces/vfx and not connecting with it at a personal level is what will prevent it from grossing 8-10M. The hype and buzz has gotten it a very good opening which otherwise might not have been possible. I actually liked it a lot...it has problems but the themes and messages it gets across without being preachy was great.   

Yeah, Black Panther showed no growth on Saturday and Sunday in the end. Will probably end with 5-6M. The US reviews drove curiosity over the weekend but the lack of growth means the run will be a short one.

I’m thinking Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety can do really well next weekend. They should not have blinked when Padman moved to Valentines Day, could have had a superhit movie.

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

Yeah, Black Panther showed no growth on Saturday and Sunday in the end. Will probably end with 5-6M. The US reviews drove curiosity over the weekend but the lack of growth means the run will be a short one.

I’m thinking Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety can do really well next weekend. They should not have blinked when Padman moved to Valentines Day, could have had a superhit movie.

I hope BP still magically does 6-7M...let's see.

Sonu can do 40-50 crores in India, but I feel like their marketing kinda peaked early February. Should have released against Padman, as that movie didn't really do as much as people were thinking it would. Pretty sure Akshay+producers were hoping it would get tax free status in some big states to get to 100+ cr. That didn't happen. I think Sonu would have given it a run for its money. Feb 14 would have been a BIG day for it. 

Edited by marveldcfox

In one of the scenes planted as an easter egg for fans in India, M’Baku, leader of a tribe called ‘Jabari’ made a reference to Lord Hanuman and said “Glory to Hanuman”. Much to the chagrin of fans, the word has been beeped out by the CBFC. Many fans have said that it was done to avoid hurting sentiments because the ‘Jabari’ tribe is known for worshipping the gorilla god. The gorilla god has been called “Man-Ape” in the comics. But the word was changed to “Hanuman” in the film.