Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

3 minutes ago, Durden said:

"Depending on the release size of the film these numbers can go as high as ₹40 crore Friday and ₹125 crore weekend. The previous weekend record for Hollywood film is just above ₹55 crore, and Avengers are looking to double that number. Crazy."

http://www.cinetrak.in/news_details.html?id=5add71c323d72957d5f8f453

Good good :) 

AIW PS are insane in my place (Bangalore). 

Most of the plexes have opened bookings and right from morning till night all have very good bookings if not consistent in terms of sales. Bangalore has highest ticket prices down south the grosses are huge compared to other cities. 

AIW has very big advantage this time....ticket prices down south have drastically increased post GST which will boost the grosses to a different level.

Bangalore is the biggest center for Holly movies down south...next comes Hyderabad and Chennai.

In Hyderabad most of the shows are sold out. It wont get many screens as Bharat Ane Nenu (Telugu Biggie) will retain some screens in its 2nd weekend. 
Chennai another big center but surprisingly its not as strong as Bangalore or Hyderabad. But it will eventually pickup.

Pre sales are huge in Mumbai as well. Tickets have only been on for half a day now, that too night and im already seeing plenty of sell outs. A lot of the shows are almost full as well. Imax in particular is selling like crazy. 

I’m just eyeballing here but the presales are higher than any hollywood movie I’ve seen. 

I’m waiting like a hawk to book a ticket once my local Imax opens presales

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Rambo said:

Bangalore is the biggest center for Holly movies down south...next comes Hyderabad and Chennai.

Heck I'm in a tier 2 city in the North most of the show available online for the weekend got nearly sold out by yesterday evening to point that I was only able to get my ticket latest by Sunday :whosad:

Edited by NamakFiskKa
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Durden said:

"Depending on the release size of the film these numbers can go as high as ₹40 crore Friday and ₹125 crore weekend. The previous weekend record for Hollywood film is just above ₹55 crore, and Avengers are looking to double that number. Crazy."

http://www.cinetrak.in/news_details.html?id=5add71c323d72957d5f8f453

Am I converting correctly that the top end in this quote is $18.8M USD? It would already be the 6th highest Hollywood movie after opening Sunday in that case?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sliver Legion said:

Am I converting correctly that the top end in this quote is $18.8M USD? It would already be the 6th highest Hollywood movie after opening Sunday in that case?

Holy fuck that's big

That's the equivalent of a movie opening to $620m in NA

Edited by feasby007

4 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Holy fuck that's big

It does say hollywood movie so that woudn't not be a good compairison. Cause local movies make more. The actual number would be more like 40+ i imagine. 

2 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Pre sales are huge in Mumbai as well. Tickets have only been on for half a day now, that too night and im already seeing plenty of sell outs. A lot of the shows are almost full as well. Imax in particular is selling like crazy. 

I’m just eyeballing here but the presales are higher than any hollywood movie I’ve seen. 

I’m waiting like a hawk to book a ticket once my local Imax opens presales

I was checking out Mumbai as well....PS are very good and looks like we have a beast this year....AIW is gonna break out huge in India. 

Marvel has literally transformed India into one of its strongholds. People who are not even aware of complete Marvel storyline (Like me :D) are watching it on First day...the excitement factor is in peaks.

2 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Heck I'm in a tier 2 city in the North most of the show available online for the weekend got nearly sold out by yesterday evening to point that I was only able to get my ticket latest by Sunday :whosad:

On the flipside that shows the popularity ;) If u dont mind me asking you..which place is it?

1 hour ago, feasby007 said:

Holy fuck that's big

It'll actually be the 3rd highest single day collection here if it actually happens..

(2nd highest non-holiday single day?)

And possibly the 3rd fastest 100cr INR ever

Edited by NamakFiskKa

AIW IMAX Update:

Bangalore has 4 IMAX theaters and each of them have alloted 5 shows each! Ticket prices range from Rs. 580-800 which is $8-$12 (approximately).

18 sold out as of now other 2 shows will be sold by EOD. 

Mumbai has 3 IMAX theaters and each of them have alloted 5 shows each! Ticket prices are resonable in Mumbai as morning shows have less prices compared to Bangalore. Ticket prices range from Rs.300-850 which is $4.5-$13(approximately).

10sh-Sold Out, 3sh-90-95% 2sh- 80-90%. 

India has limited number of IMAX theaters which are confined to metro cities.

• Like 2