Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

12 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I didn't know of State declaring that because, entertainment tax isn't filed by producer but exhibitors and that's on all films combined, not one film.

Further, the tax compiling will be done in big cinemas in big cities, in smaller town there is abundant tax evasion.

Also, Baahubali 2 grossed ₹120cr, Entertainment tax would be ₹16-20cr approx.

Entertainment tax in Karnataka was 30%. A 120 crores gross would have resulted in ET of about 30 crores. Either way, my ex partner was the distributor of BB. The numbers were completely bogus. I have reviewed every single DCR of BB and BB2. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ibtimes.co.in/baahubali-2-fetches-record-rs-17-crore-tax-karnataka-government-rs-13-5-crore-bengaluru-alone-728050

"The Karnataka government levies 30 percent as entertainment tax for non-Kannada movies. Baahubali 2 has fetched over Rs 17 crore as tax to the Siddaramaiah government. However, the trade reports claim that the flick has minted over Rs 100 crore, which means the government should be getting Rs 30 crore as tax, which is leading to a lot of confusion."

Bahubali 2 gross in Karnataka is no more than 60 crores. The 120 number is somebody's wet dream.  

Kesari

Extended Week One shall be around ₹99.5-100cr. Around ₹25cr Week Two.

Full run ₹135cr Approx. ₹67cr SHARE.

Budget is ₹160cr Approx I think. Will get ₹70cr from Sattelite, Music and Digital. Another ₹10cr from overseas. That leaves ₹80cr from India Share. Dharma will lose some money. Should be a Flop.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/26/2019 at 9:57 AM, Premium George said:

Calm down. Not a cheater but very dickish move. And I love mankad. I fully support not giving warning before it. But Ashwin waited, that's my problem. 

Exactly, bigger shit move was lying in press conference, saying it was an instinctive move. What a prick.

27 minutes ago, scabab said:

Is there a site where I can check the daily box office for Dragon Ball Super Broly in India? It releases tomorrow right?

Nope and 99.99% it won't be reported. I will try to get the numbers for you.

Besides, I guarantee, it won't cross $100k.

I just checked some data, 

Mumbai it has 4 shows with ₹16k ($235) pre sales. Mumbai will be doing 20-25% of total business of India.

Bengaluru 4 shows ₹3.2k presales ($45).

Most likely even $50k isn't going to happen.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

Nope and 99.99% it won't be reported. I will try to get the numbers for you.

Besides, I guarantee, it won't cross $100k.

I just checked some data, 
Mumbai it has 4 shows with ₹16k ($235) pre sales. Mumbai will be doing 20-25% of total business of India.

Bengaluru 4 shows ₹3.2k presales ($45).

Most likely even $50k isn't going to happen.
Poor advances in Delhi too.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Avengers: Endgame 231k interested in BookMyShow 28 days before release. That's not much lower than what Infinity War had before release. Will easily cross Million mark.

Highest so far is around 500k.

https://in.bookmyshow.com/Bengaluru/movies/avengers-endgame/ET00090482

Over $60m incoming 👀

• Like 1

When Infinity War was coming, it was looking like something big but it wasn't expected to be what it did.

Me being overly optimistic, was expecting an opening day of ₹20cr approx but then when pre-sales started, it blow the roof on Sunday. By then I was on ₹30cr opening train. The exhibition sector wasn't ready. They kept adding shows and they keep getting filled.  By Thursday 50% of Friday was sold.

Why I am saying this?

Because this time, we know what's coming. Exhibitors know what's coming. There will be more screens and shows. Only external factor that could go against is if Kalank clicks, it will hurt the potential of film.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1