Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

This time around next week,  we might have Endgame pre-sales. If not Saturday most likely.

Just before that, pitching in Infinity War 1st day pre-sales article I did last year. Expecting Endgame to be double.

Spoiler

http://www.cinetrak.in/news_details.html?id=5add71c323d72957d5f8f453

What is reported to be the cinematic event of lifetime, Avengers: Infinity War is gearing up for a wide release this Friday and if pre ticket sales are any indication, it truly is going to be an event indeed. 5 days prior to release, the advance sales for film opened yesterday in India to an extraordinary responses. The film bring in ₹5.5 crore approx from pre-sales on Sunday which is second only to Baahubali 2. Coincidentally both the films released on same weekend. Needless to say the start to advance is better than all of 2018 films, which includes Baaghi 2 and Padmaavat.

PVR Cinemas accounted for ₹1.35 crore of the total followed by INOX at ₹1.2 crore. Carnival and Cinepolis accounted for ₹1 crore each. If compared with October in these chains yesterday, the numbers were more than double. In fact Avengers: Infinity War was the top film at box office after Bharat Ane Nenu.

At this time, the film is anticipated to open over ₹32 crore (₹25 crore Nett) on Friday and ₹105 crore weekend. Depending on the release size of the film these numbers can go as high as ₹40 crore Friday and ₹125 crore weekend. The previous weekend record for Hollywood film is just above ₹55 crore, and Avengers are looking to double that number. Crazy.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

If Saaho turns out bad and Bharat is not a Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Endgame has huge chance of being the biggest grosser of 2019 in India. 

Thats a lot of IFs though I expect Endgame to make something closer to Tiger Zinda Hai to PK that is sub 300cr or more and its implying that we might not have big releases/breakouts for the rest of the years (not following the schedule but the holiday season sure has some offerings).

The runtime might affect the repeat business.

8 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Thats a lot of IFs though I expect Endgame to make something closer to Tiger Zinda Hai to PK that is sub 300cr or more and its implying that we might not have big releases/breakouts for the rest of the years (not following the schedule but the holiday season sure has some offerings).

The runtime might affect the repeat business.

In India? We love long films. History has it.

The best I am seeing Endgame doing is ₹400cr Gross (₹335cr Nett). If any of the two I mentioned is liked, will easily cross that.

4 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Not when you have exams just around the corner the next month...

What or when was the last 3hr blockbuster happened btw 

Baahubali 2, Infinity War are the two films released in that weekend in last two years.

Baahubali 2 runtime 2 hours 52 minutes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Not when you have exams just around the corner the next month...

What or when was the last 3hr blockbuster happened btw 

Almost all schools and Colleges finish exams and the year by April. Only the entrance exams for various courses are held after April. I doubt that would have much of an effect. It did not last year. 

@Charlie Jatinder Do you know how to convert a nett number into a gross BO number. For example Shazam is at 2.4m usd right now nett according to BOI. How much would that be gross? Previously I knew the rough conversion increasing the number by 16/18/something percent but I forgot. 

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Almost all schools and Colleges finish exams and the year by April. Only the entrance exams for various courses are held after April. I doubt that would have much of an effect. It did not last year. 

@Charlie Jatinder Do you know how to convert a nett number into a gross BO number. For example Shazam is at 2.4m usd right now nett according to BOI. How much would that be gross? Previously I knew the rough conversion increasing the number by 16/18/something percent but I forgot. 

Its Nett + 18-19% now. For Endgame it will be +19% as it will do huge in Tamil Nadu where Hollywood films have 38% rate.

• Thanks 1

Are they a serious outlet?

We just watched 20 minutes of and the one word review is: BEYONDSHOOK! Just watching the Avengers in their element is an EMOTIONAL experience. 🔥😍❤️

13 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Are they a serious outlet?

We just watched 20 minutes of and the one word review is: BEYONDSHOOK! Just watching the Avengers in their element is an EMOTIONAL experience. 🔥😍❤️

Yes but I won't really care about Indian press reviews.

India Updates

Shazam

Week One: ₹19.70cr

2nd Friday: ₹0.95cr

Total: ₹20.65cr ($3mn)

Heading for ₹27cr full run. 

Dumbo

Week One: ₹8.3cr

Week Two: ₹2.7cr

Total: ₹11cr ($1.6mn)

US

Week One: ₹2.1cr

Week Two: ₹0.1cr

Total: ₹2.2cr ($0.3mn)

Dragon Ball Super: Brolly

Week One: ₹0.39cr

Week Two: ₹0.00cr

Total: ₹0.4cr ($58k)

HTTYD 3

Week One: ₹9.9cr

Week Two: ₹3.8cr

Week Three: ₹1.6cr

Total: ₹15.3cr ($2.25mn)

Good hold in Week Three. Still has a small chance of reaching HTTYD 2 gross, but that was 5 years back, so could have done atleast 50% more. 

Captain Marvel

Week One: ₹67.2cr

Week Two: ₹25.6cr

Week Three: ₹6.4cr

Week Four: ₹1.9cr

Week Five: ₹0.9cr

Total: ₹102.1cr ($14.6mn)

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I guess@Premium George 

I think it would be better you edit your explanation post, it could end in misunderstandings.

As far a I know in the threads all members have to use English, that was what I wanted to point out = I assumed he/she has several threads and PM open at once and got confused.

I think I'll edit my quote as well with that kind of message it should probably not stay here

• Like 1