Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

EG's Indian BO will always be limited by the number of screens. Maybe wishful thinking but I'm still hoping that it can do $60M.

IW was so far ahead of the rest of Hollywood releases that it had reached almost saturation levels in urban centers in the first two weeks. Movies like Baahubali has the vast rural and tier 3 and tier 4 cities that it can collect money from.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Shazam ₹3.5cr OD. Better than Wonder Woman ₹3.1cr, however inflation adjusted would be similar.

Thats a decent opening I guess. My showing this morning was about 70-80% full and mostly consisted of youths and young adults. I did not see many family or children. 

My audience was into it, there was a lot of laughter, most of the jokes landed. One scene even got applause from some. Reception should be good and rating on BMS for now is very good (too early I know). 

But one thing I noticed is the low amount of theatres that are playing this and the low amount of screens. Its the lowest I have seen for a SH movie at least in my city. That will hurt its gross. That and the fact that its not in 3d anywhere. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Thats a decent opening I guess. My showing this morning was about 70-80% full and mostly consisted of youths and young adults. I did not see many family or children. 

My audience was into it, there was a lot of laughter, most of the jokes landed. One scene even got applause from some. Reception should be good and rating on BMS for now is very good (too early I know). 

But one thing I noticed is the low amount of theatres that are playing this and the low amount of screens. Its the lowest I have seen for a SH movie at least in my city. That will hurt its gross. That and the fact that its not in 3d anywhere. 

WB clearly dumped it. Anything it makes is a bonus.

India Updates

Shazam

Friday: ₹3.6cr

Saturday: ₹5cr

Sunday: ₹4.9cr

Monday: ₹1.8cr

Total: ₹15.3cr ($2.2mn)

Dumbo

Week One: ₹8.3cr

Total: ₹8.3cr ($1.2mn)

US

Week One: ₹2.1cr