Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

Faarooq Sheikh has passed away. Amazing actor. Him and Amol Palekar were the faces of the common man in movies.

At the very least, we can be happy that he had a fitting final role as the father in Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani. He almost made me cry in his role, just 2 scenes but 2 really powerful scenes.

RIP to an amazing actor

http://youtu.be/jdOrw6qAhMs

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

BOI has the weekend at 38 cr.  That seems a bit underwhelming IMO; Fake's low-end had it touching 42, and it's even missed that after blowing past his high-end for the first week.  It should touch 70 cr for the week, but its looking like its going to land in the 290s and maybe crawl past 300 rather than blow by it by double digits.

Dhoom 3 seems to have burned off more demand during Christmas than I expected, so now the numbers are lower than I expected.300 crore looks to be pretty difficult now for the Hindi version alone, however with all versions combined, it may still get there. Above figures from boxofficeindia.com are for the Hindi version only.

• Like 1

Dhoom 3 has reached nearly $80m after 2 weeks.

Domestic:

Week 1: $41m

Week 2: $15m

Overseas:

Week 1: $17m

Week 2: $6.5m

500 crore worldwide will happen this weekend.

Edited by Fake
  • Like 1

Producer and distributor Yash Raj Films confirmed that the film had scored a gross INR3.51 billion ($56.8 million) in India and a further $25.01 million from international markets. That makes it the first ever Indian film to exceed 500 crore (an Indian numerical unit equivalent to 10 million).

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/dhoom-3-breaks-bollywood-all-time-box-office-record-1201030988/

Damn these idiotic silly movies like CE, K3 and D3 keep getting blokcbuster...only good sign was more than 100crrs for Bhaag Milkha Bhaag which was a good movie...rest in peace 3 Idiots..recently I noticed so many bollywood movies are in IMDB top 250 now (mainly aamir)...3 Idiots (at 143), Taare Zameen Par (134), Rang De Basanti(141), Lagaan (200)...and some more likely seem to join in a year or two...Swades, Dil Chahta Hai, Chak De India, Gangs of Wasseypur etc and few more.

• Like 1

I have to say that Dhoom 3 has exceeded all expectations I had of its box office. Probably the only person who will benefit will be Aamir Khan though, D3 was his show all the way. 

Someone posted this on twitter - "The highest grossing hindi movie of all time stars Abhishek Bachchan and Uday Chopra in lead roles. The apocalypse is upon us"  :P