Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

Yeah..... around 105 crore.The next movie that can challenge this gross is Avengers 2.

I have my doubts....TA and IM3 gross were nowhere near SM3 or TASM numbers....Spiderman is far more popular than MCU here.

If TA can't challenge TASM, can't see how TA2 can challenge Avatar.

Edited by LexJoker

I have my doubts....TA and IM3 gross were nowhere near SM3 or TASM numbers....Spiderman is far more popular than MCU here.

If TA can't challenge TASM, can't see how TA2 can challenge Avatar.

TA wasn't that far behind TASM. They grossed 72 crore and 81 crore respectively. Even Iron Man 3 grossed nearly 70 crore this year.

The key factor is the WOM that Avengers received, which was out of the world. So combined with rising ticket prices, at least a 50% increase is locked. I'm not saying that it will definitely outgross Avatar, the chances aren't very good even, but there is a chance nonetheless. At this point if I had to predict something, I'd say 120-125 crore.

TASM didn't have very good WOM and there is only 2 years of price increase, so TASM2 can hit 100 crore, but it won't go much beyond that.

http://boxofficeindia.com/npages.php?page=shownews&articleid=6357&nCat=

New BOX OFFICE INDIA Coming Soon

Thursday 2nd January 2012 10.30 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

There will be a new Box Office India website going live in the next 7-14 days. Hopefully the transfer will happen sometime next week. The whole process will take 12-36 hours for the website to be available to all IP addresses across the world so some IP addresses may witness the website being down for a few hours.

We really appreciate the support and following over the last couple of years although many sections were not being updated. Despite this the followers still increased with a record 10 lakh page views hit on the day of Chennai Express's release which led to our servers crashing. We expected to transfer with the release of Dhoom 3 due to the craze but there could have been similar problems so the transfer was postponed to after the New Year.

Over the last few years the data may have not been updated live but was still being recorded in our database. This database will now go live for the first time and as each figure and verdict is entered just once there will be no discrepancies which are there on the present site. Eg a figure of 10.2 crore somewhere and 11.1 crore elsewhere and average somewhere and flop elsewhere. This is due to everything done manually so some places are updated and others not. Also with the internet there are so many places where things are copied even when some figures are miscalculated they are still copied so you leave it as it is as we did not want our real database copied until we got the website structure as we wanted. Although there is limited replies from our side we do really appreciate the feedback and it is noted be it about the errors an emissions on the website or about links to where our charts are copied. We really appreciate this and hope it will continue..

We know the data is authentic on the website as will most of the major players within in the industry and now there will be a website that we are really proud off. It is now the final piece of the jigsaw and the website as we wanted. It has been a two year process simply due to the amount of data that had to be uploaded and shown in a user friendly way. Also with so many films and artists to be added it is time consuming and as these are added by third parties there can be errors and emissions. The data is complete since 2002 with every film release being tracked while there are some films from 2000-2001 period left which will continued to be updated and then whatever we have sourced for the years prior to 2000. There will be a couple of section sections in the website which will go live in a couple of months which includes an analytic section which allows for graphical comparison of box office details of films and artists. An app will hopefully be complete around summer time.

There will a normal website and a subscribed website. The normal website will have the normal box office reports, news and data. Then there will be a subscribed website for the box office aficionados which gives access to our box office database which has every box office number that there can be. This will be monthly or yearly. The subscribed website has been keen kept as simple as possible with nothing hidden and a normal surfer will be able to surf and see exactly what data is on the website and for which films so can subscribe if he/she desires

The website itself now will match the authenticity of the numbers or at least we hope it will match and also hope people across the world continue to support like they have been over the years.

Dhoom 3 weekly box office summary

India: (gross figures in crores)

Week 1:246

Week 2: 89

Week 3: 26

Week 4: 6

Further gross: 3

Total: 370 ($60m)

Overseas: (gross figures in USD)

Week 1:17.0

Week 2: 6.5

Week 3: 2.3

Week 4: 0.8

Further gross: 0.4

Total: $27m

So the current run will finish with $87m. However, it may be released in a few other markets in future and may cross $90m mark.

• Like 1

Box Office figures that may or may not be accurate.

Exactly. In the past 10 years, with things being slightly more transparent, there may be more accuracy (or at the very least consistently wrong inaccuracy). But even there we have cases like Krrish 3 where the figures vary by 40-50 Crore (absolutely no accountability there).

• Like 2

I think its hilarious that they think that a significant amount of people would actually pay to see their cheaply put-together database.

I'm a box office writer in Russia and I would like to see as many info for every country as I can. But to pay for every country database that would be ridiculous.  

Jai Ho won't even do half of Dhoom 3 gross. Opening is likely to be in 50-60 crore range and total will be around 100-130 crore nett.WOM is not very good so legs are not likely to be great.

Oh ok, thanks. So its opening will be pretty much like Salman's recent movies then. Another 100 crore for him I guess.

What are the numbers?

Jai Ho

Friday: 17.55cr (official figure)

Saturday: 17.5cr (higher estimate. some are reporting lower.)

If Sunday shows a 20% jump, weekend will be 56cr

25% jump:56.87cr

30% jump:57.75cr

Edited by a2knet

Exactly. In the past 10 years, with things being slightly more transparent, there may be more accuracy (or at the very least consistently wrong inaccuracy). But even there we have cases like Krrish 3 where the figures vary by 40-50 Crore (absolutely no accountability there).

They dropped the ball with Krrish 3. They can get good estimates from multiplexes but for movies like Krrish 3 that also do great business in unknown far-flung single screen theaters, they can never get in touch with enough owners to get a decent number.

taran adarsh ‏@taran_adarsh 1m

#JaiHo opng wknd: India *nett* ₹ 60.68 cr, *gross* ₹ 78.90 cr. Overseas *gross* ₹ 22.38 cr. Worldwide total [gross]: ₹ 101.28 cr.

I like how Taran Adarsh has bent over backwards to make Jai Ho have a 100Cr WW gross weekend. I think everyone expected it to do around 80Cr Nett at the very least. The major issue was that this was a Salman Khan movie which wanted to be a Rajkumar Hirani movie, and succeeded in being neither.

• Like 1