Shawn Robbins

WEEKEND ACTUALS: WTM (17.96m), Elysium (13.69m), Planes (13.39m), KA2 (13.33m), Percy (8.75m)

Real bummer about KA2. I had a gut feeling about it though ever since I saw Vaughn was out and the guy from Jumper or Push or one of those generic shitty action movies from a few years back was in. I personally thought the ending of the first movie demanded a sequel. I'll still see it for myself of course but everything I'm seeing isn't encouraging. That's two of my big anticipated August movies disappointing reception-wise. (Elysium). Fingers crossed that The World's End and You're Next live up to the hype.

Those who are hating on it because of politics are completely missing the idea of the story. It's a story about civil rights and the civil rights movement and the story is the backdrop of a butler who worked for all the presidents during the civil rights movement. Its not really about politics at all.

• Like 1

Wow, I didn't realize this board had so many members of the school-aged sect.  I feel like a Mom who sent her kids off for the weekend:  I enjoy the quiet, but something is missing.  :mellow:

It's also that no one really cares about the movies opening from now until Cloudy 2.

• Like 1

Those who are hating on it because of politics are completely missing the idea of the story. It's a story about civil rights and the civil rights movement and the story is the backdrop of a butler who worked for all the presidents during the civil rights movement. Its not really about politics at all.

If Forrest Gump were to be released today, it would totally be ripped to shreds. 

• Like 5

I know but suggesting the butler was a little spark for powerful white people at the white house about civil rights for black people don t know. At least that is what the billboard suggests, don t know how it comes out in the actual film.It is fitting though since danny strong wrote the script for this and has written mockingjay part 1&2,a little movie about a girl who is also a spark.

• Founder / Operator

I didn't care much for the trailer personally, but it did seem like something that would appeal to the masses. The buzz around the movie itself is what's making me want to see it now.