Shawn Robbins

WEEKEND ACTUALS: WTM (17.96m), Elysium (13.69m), Planes (13.39m), KA2 (13.33m), Percy (8.75m)

Like I said before. This is political. See the responses below?

After stating that I'm not interested in the movie I'm told to not watch it.   Thanks...that was kinda my plan. 

As I said, it's political.   A person cannot even say they are tired of the white guilt in movies without being accused of "implying" everything you just said I'm "implying". Should I come back and say, "Are you implying black people did not enslave white people (Jews) in Egypt?"   Apparently we are supposed to keep emphasizing this stuff forever to make sure the races continue to resent each other...so let's not let that one go either. Is there an end point to this?   MLK had a dream that we would someday stop thinking of each other as different races and judge each person on the content of their character.   But we still get "white people" as a monolithic entity.   I am not a "white person"...I'm a person.  I had nothing to do with any of those things you mentioned.   Again...when does it end?   Why would anyone think that attacking an entire race of people will help lessen racism?   Explain that logic.   This is starting to look like "punish the white people"....because those expressing most concern over racism never have any interest in "fighting racism" in non-white communities.   I frankly am skeptical of the stated goal if you ignore racism in any non-white person.   How does this make you "against racism"?   Sounds like politics instead. Some actually seem to get upset that I am not interested in feeling guilt about something I did not do. In other words, politics.

I'm seeing "There will never be a point where we admit we've won this fight".   There was even an attempt to paint Zimmerman as "a white man" to keep the race-hate going...i.e. politics. 

The US just elected a minority to the most powerful office on the planet.   In case anyone thinks that was a fluke....they did it twice.  We've proven there are no longer any limits to what a black person can do.   You cannot achieve more than that.

Are there any other nations who would elect a minority candidate to run the country?   Does that happen in Europe?  China?  India?  Russia?  Egypt?  Maybe they are playing catch-up with the US.    Do other countries even support sports stars of a minority race?  US sports fans fully support sports dominated by minority athletes.   (Note that minority sports fans in the US will not do this...but that is apparently not a problem)   The Butler actually stars a black person who is perhaps the most influential person in the media.

I felt the white guilt for a while and now I'm tired of it.   This stuff only fosters resentment between the races.

Ok...this is weird.   Listening to a local sports radio show and the black host (Donovan Lewis in Dallas) is talking about the Butler.   He just said, "I may be getting too old for this stuff because watching it got me fired up and I wanted to elbow the white lady sitting next to me".

Yeah...this is really helping to lessen racism.   We have a logic deficit here.

It's absolutely political.

And let's see how much coverage the mainstream media gives the murder of the white Australian baseball player by three black thugs in OK.  Will that get as much notice as the Martin/Zimmerman case?  Of course not, because it's blacks murdering a white guy.  If it was reversed, the story would lead the evening news.  Maybe Oprah and Daniels can whine about "racism" and talk about this murder.

Everything is political.

It's absolutely political.

And let's see how much coverage the mainstream media gives the murder of the white Australian baseball player by three black thugs in OK.  Will that get as much notice as the Martin/Zimmerman case?  Of course not, because it's blacks murdering a white guy.  If it was reversed, the story would lead the evening news.  Maybe Oprah and Daniels can whine about "racism" and talk about this murder.

Everything is political.

Sick and tired of people whining like this. If it really bothers you that the media is covering the murder of a young black boy, then you have some issues in your subconscious, sir. The reason the Martin case received so much attention is the wishy-washy uncertainty of what transpired, and yes, the possibility (likely probability if you ask me) that Zimmerman was racially profiling a kid and initiating a completely unnecessary encounter. 

Racially motivated murders spur controversy, and controversy grabs viewers. It's as simple as that, donks. 

Edited by tonytr87
  • Like 2

It's absolutely political. And let's see how much coverage the mainstream media gives the murder of the white Australian baseball player by three black thugs in OK.  Will that get as much notice as the Martin/Zimmerman case?  Of course not, because it's blacks murdering a white guy.  If it was reversed, the story would lead the evening news.  Maybe Oprah and Daniels can whine about "racism" and talk about this murder. Everything is political.

The Australian baseball player was killed because the kids were bored, not because he was white. In other words, they were psychopaths, not racists.

Sick and tired of people whining like this. If it really bothers you that the media is covering the murder of a young black boy, then you have some issues in your subconscious, sir. The reason the Martin case received so much attention is the wishy-washy uncertainty of what transpired, and yes, the possibility (likely probability if you ask me) that Zimmerman was racially profiling a kid and initiating a completely unnecessary encounter.Racially motivated murders spur controversy, and controversy grabs viewers. It's as simple as that, donks.

The Australian baseball player was killed because the kids were bored, not because he was white. In other words, they were psychopaths, not racists.

Seeing a double standard.   The media latched onto the Zimmerman case because of "the possibility" that he was racially motivated...accompanied by the assumption of guilt by the poster above...which is apparently enough to justify the media attention.   Zimmerman's claims about the incident were discounted of course.

Now we should accept the story of the murderers and not notice they went to a white section of town to murder someone?   That's an interesting way to react to boredom.   So....we'll get no media storm this time I guess?   (Can't say I mind...one of those is enough)

Agree they are psychopaths.....which might actually give them a case for insanity.   Would a sane person do what they did?

Seeing a double standard.   The media latched onto the Zimmerman case because of "the possibility" that he was racially motivated...accompanied by the assumption of guilt by the poster above...which is apparently enough to justify the media attention.   Zimmerman's claims about the incident were discounted of course.

Now we should accept the story of the murderers and not notice they went to a white section of town to murder someone?   That's an interesting way to react to boredom.   So....we'll get no media storm this time I guess?   (Can't say I mind...one of those is enough)

Agree they are psychopaths.....which might actually give them a case for insanity.   Would a sane person do what they did?

Sorry but you're wrong. The media latched on to the Zimmerman case because he wasn't even arrested in the beginning. These kids will be punished and probably put to death for their actions. This is not the same thing at all, imo.

• Like 1

There's no double standard. White people like myself weren't oppressed for generations upon generations, therefore when a white kid is murdered it's natural that issues of race will not factor into the media narrative. It's just the way it is. 

All of these random "white person murdered" cases that people like to bring up are an attempt to argue that the media is biased in some way. Yes, they are, in other circumstances. In this circumstance, they're merely jumping all over a story that's ripe for controversy. An open and shut case like the one you mentioned has no long-lasting narrative to maintain viewer interest. The perpetrators were caught. 

In the Zimmerman case, the guy murdered a young kid and was allowed to walk free without much questioning. Thus, shit hit the fan. It's not really that difficult to comprehend the differences here. 

Sorry but you're wrong. The media latched on to the Zimmerman case because he wasn't even arrested in the beginning. These kids will be punished and probably put to death for their actions. This is not the same thing at all, imo.

Kids cannot be sentenced to death according to laws.

the media latched onto the Zimmerman case because it was a perfect case to create controversy. They needed a big news story and they manufactured one by taking this case that should have just been a local case trying to create some kind of race war with it

• Founder / Operator

I just liked the Butler.  Good movie about Civil Rights.  Some of this political stuff here is ridiculous.

I agree completely that it was a good movie about civil rights. But after seeing it, I understand some of the political complaints.