Shawn Robbins

WEEKEND ACTUALS: WTM (17.96m), Elysium (13.69m), Planes (13.39m), KA2 (13.33m), Percy (8.75m)

I imagine that is what many of the studio execs are thinking right now.

Just because something is well liked/loved doesn't mean people are going to flock blindly to the theater for a sequel.  Studios need to get this through their thick skulls!

STiD is bigger proof of this statement. ST09 was definitely more accessible and popular than ultra-violent, totally cartoonish shitfest about kid assassins :rolleyes: . Yet people didn't blindly flock for the sequel.

exactly so why are people saying they should still make a Pacific Rim sequel?

How many people have been hoping Pacific Rim gets a sequel?

Now how many people wanted a sequel to Red?  To Kick-Ass?  

People actually want more Pacific Rim.  There's a big difference.  

If a sequel is made for the purpose of expanding and continuing the story, I'm all for it. It it's made to just cash in on the success of a movie, chances are it's going to stink.  

How many people have been hoping Pacific Rim gets a sequel?Now how many people wanted a sequel to Red? To Kick-Ass? People actually want more Pacific Rim. There's a big difference. If a sequel is made for the purpose of expanding and continuing the story, I'm all for it. It it's made to just cash in on the success of a movie, chances are it's going to stink.

When you say people you mean China right, since that's the only country it did very good in. Everywhere else it's average to poor business

When you say people you mean China right, since that's the only country it did very good in. Everywhere else it's average to poor business

Sure but its one of those movies where almost everyone who saw it really likes it

Watched the Paranoia trailer again and wow haha. I wouldn't even watch that on Netflix. It looks like it was made solely to make Liam Hemsworth a leading man, just like Adbuction with Taylor Lautner. Lautner trying to cash in with the Twilight fans and Liam with THG. Both look like the exact same movie, I mean exact same. Hard to believe over 100,000 people paid money for it it yesterday.

Paranoia's not a great film but its a good one. Just because a movie bombs at the box office doesnt make it a bad movie. And it certainly is a theme we can all relate to. 7.5/10.I think people need to make up their own minds before they bury a movie.

• Like 4

Seeing a movie like Paranoia get excoriated by critics realy gets me scratching my head. Its not a movie thatll last in my memory but its not Hangover 3 or RiPD bad.

Paranoia's not a great film but its a good one. Just because a movie bombs at the box office doesnt make it a bad movie. And it certainly is a theme we can all relate to. 7.5/10.I think people need to make up their own minds before they bury a movie.

It just looks more generic than After Earth to me and gives off the biggest Abduction 2 vibe. And Im not saying that because the critics are. I didn't even realize till late last night that it had a 2% on RT and I thought it looked stupid back when the trailer premiered. I thought it'd do a little better than this, but I couldnt care either way.

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 1

Abduction and this are miles apart. Not even close to the same film. And this is about how cirporate America operates as they walk in between the raindrops. That alone makes it interesting.