RyneOh1040

Wednesday Numbers (TMI DOA w/$3m opening)

Still all YA attempts this year had abysmal results.It seems teengirls are awaiting for the movie where sparks are ignited.Lionsgate/summit have a lot of pressure on their shoulders with divergent.

Edited by The Futurist

Kevin Zegers is doing a contest where fans who see TMI 4 times get a phone call from him. The desperation is embarrassing.

Does anyone actually even care about Kevin Zegers?He’s basically a nobody in the real world.

I don't get acting like if this barely breaks even that's enough of a success to justify a sequel. Did we not just see what happened when Percy Jackson tried that? If audiences aren't buying it now they're not going to buy it in 2 years when the plot probably gets even more convoluted. And this had a monster promo. They had basically Twi/THG level international premieres, mall tours, lots of tv spots. Sony had to have shelled out a lot.

It bombed OS and it got cancelled in many countries.

I don't think it did... As of right now, It's still planned to open in over 40 countries. PLANNED.

The only thing they fucked up was the fact that they release the movie in some countries only 2 weeks ahead of the DVD release.

• Like 1

TITE was a movie made for domestic audiences anyway. It opened well, had strong legs, and turned a profit. Nothing but a success.

Did it turn a profit? I mean it had the budget at somewhere around 35M and the marketing probably was pretty expensive also. According to our very own Boxoffice.com, This is The End's TOTAL budget is 62M which means that it hasn't turned any solid profit as of yet.