baumer

Thurs #s RTH

I talked with a few fans and they actually told me the movie is quite loyal to the book.

Like I said in TMI's thread, she totally changed her speech of how deeply involved she was with the movie's production and thinks everybody forgot it.

The author isnt the first to say these kinds of things. King did it with a lot of films esp The Shining and Benchley was famously pissed at what Spielberg and Gottlieb did to Jaws.

• Like 2

But.... that's basically true.

Not when you spent the last month saying this: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mortal-instruments-how-author-cassandra-609043

'Mortal Instruments': How Author Cassandra Clare Helped Bring the Book to Life

The writer found herself fielding late night phone calls from director Harald Zwart and was "really involved" in the casting process.

Mortal Instruments: City of Bones book fans needn't worry about the forthcoming film adaptation -- author Cassandra Clare has given it her stamp of approval.

"They were very good about asking for my input," Clare tellsThe Hollywood Reporter of the filmmakers, including directorHarald Zwart, revealing that she was also "really involved" in casting the project.

Edited by grim22

"They were very good about asking for my input," Clare tellsThe Hollywood Reporter of the filmmakers,

weeeeell, but that doesn't mean anything for the final product.

(maybe you can find the short "Attempting to Please" online; it's Brian Aldiss' tale of his dealings with Kubrick during the "development" of AI, and it's a very sobering read for writers B) )

Seeing Liberace for the second time in half an hour. I wasnt too crazy for it the first time but since everyone else really likes it, I might as well give it another try.

Are seeing this in the theaters?

It clearly says she was involved in the casting. It doesn't say she was involved in anything else. Or am I missing something here?

Here is another one (her followers are having a field day picking these out on Twitter): http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2013/08/02/sdcc-the-mortal-instruments-footage-reveals-monsters-mystery-romance/

Clare agreed, saying, “I was pretty interfere-y…there really was almost nothing when I didn’t bug Harald about the costumes or sets or story on one level or another. He was sort of introducing me on how to make a movie, and I was talking to him about the stories. It was very collaborative.”

Edited by grim22

Here is another one (her followers are having a field day picking these out on Twitter): http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2013/08/02/sdcc-the-mortal-instruments-footage-reveals-monsters-mystery-romance/

LOL Sounds like she was "happy to be there" and had no clue what was going on. I don't know why I see that picture in my head. :lol:

It got a theatrical release overseas. Evidently it was "too gay" to be released here in the States (which is why it ended up being an HBO production).

LOL That's Liberace he was GAY.  Shame though it had to be relegated to HBO.