baumer

Thurs #s RTH

It's funny because Potter Twilight and Hunger Games are the YA trifecta.  It looks like nothing else is going to break out though. 

Makes me wonder what will be the next big thing in YA books turned into movies? Seems like everyone wants to be it, but nothing breaks out in a big way like those three you mentioned have.   And does Divergent really stand a chance?   

• Like 1

Makes me wonder what will be the next big thing in YA books turned into movies? Seems like everyone wants to be it, but nothing breaks out in a big way like those three you mentioned have.   And does Divergent really stand a chance?   

The next one to break out should not be a copy of either of the 3. For example, Beautiful Creatures, Mortal Instruments, Percy Jackson etc. all have the storyline that "A chosen one will battle the forces of evil with his/her friends in a world that normal humans do not know exists" which are basically the HP story.

Divergent is closer to THG's premise, it will be interesting to see if audiences embrace the same premise again.

lol Mortal Instruments will struggle to get to 30m total. Yet it is still getting a sequel. How many times has this happened? This is one of the funniest things I have seen

Did Sony already mentioned it after it opened?

The author had around 5-10 tweets all saying "I had no input in the movie" yesterday. All of those tweets have disappeared today. A screenshot someone got:

Posted Image

I talked with a few fans and they actually told me the movie is quite loyal to the book.