baumer

Thurs #s RTH

It's funny because Potter Twilight and Hunger Games are the YA trifecta.  It looks like nothing else is going to break out though. 

• Like 1

It's funny because Potter Twilight and Hunger Games are the YA trifecta.  It looks like nothing else is going to break out though. 

Divergent is meant to be a pretty popular one and that's got a movie out in March but idk. I couldn't tell you why some of these things break out and others don't.

• Like 2

But it's appeal went far beyond a specific age demographic. Eventually you had everyone from grade school kids to middle aged men reading Potter.

Twilight demos doesn't stop at 16.

THG either.

Even if it is the core.

But HP is different because it was so damn long, 10 years, so a lot of people grown up withe books/movies.

• Like 1

But it's appeal went far beyond a specific age demographic. Eventually you had everyone from grade school kids to middle aged men reading Potter.

Books are classified kid lit or YA or romance or whatever based on their content, not their audience. The first couple of HP books and movies were in the kid realm compared to the later installments. Great for Scholastic/Bloomsbury that older people liked them too but that doesn't make Sorcerer's Stone less of a kids book.

Friday for Mortal Instruments, over or under $3 million? :rofl:

Edited by BoxOfficeChica

Because they actually looked appealing and were good (or different than usual). I have seen all Potter and all Twilight in theaters, and I will surely see all Hunger Games. I didn't see The Host, won't see Mortal Instruments. And I just saw Beautiful Creatures because there was nothing opening in that time that interested me more (plus, it actually looked a bit better than the other 2). I am definitly going to see Divergent next Spring.

Potter, Hunger Games and Twilight all had something the others don't... I am not sure what...

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1