A Marvel Fanboy

The Hobbit: the Desolation of Smaug OS Thread

hopefully it can again gain with actuals a bit

thinking abt Japan

really dont get my hopes up 

CF decreased as far as I saw .....idt what to think re: Dos

I remember Lego was quite popular there. maybe it will make some fans come back.

Edited by Tauriel

Here's a more up-to-date chart, courtesy of Corpse (World of KJ):

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
$135.4 million / $209 million
$97.4 million [56 markets] ($278.4 million) / $406 million 
$99.7 million [62 markets] ($424.8 million) / $616.1 million 
$58 million [64 markets] ($527 million) / $756.6 million (Est.)

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
$138 million / $222.6 million
$96 million [59 markets] ($288.5 million) / $438.6 million
$106.5 million [62 markets] ($464 million) / $686.7 million
$57.1 million [65 markets] ($561 million) / $824.8 million
  • Like 6

Here's a more up-to-date chart, courtesy of Corpse (World of KJ): The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug$135.4 million / $209 million$97.4 million [56 markets] ($278.4 million) / $406 million $99.7 million [62 markets] ($424.8 million) / $616.1 million $58 million [64 markets] ($527 million) / $756.6 million (Est.) The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey$138 million / $222.6 million$96 million [59 markets] ($288.5 million) / $438.6 million$106.5 million [62 markets] ($464 million) / $686.7 million$57.1 million [65 markets] ($561 million) / $824.8 million

Pretty decent hold compared to Journey

Japan rejects Hollywood movies now for the most part. The fact that even something like Gravity is doing mediocre numbers there shows that.

I know. But still..From a beloved 100 mill grosser to a measly 20 mill dud..Wtf Japan??

Wtf happend to hobbit franchise in japan compared to Lotr???Was'ent it a 80-100 mill grosser 10 years ago

Japan is the main tragedy for Hobbit. It has dropped an 80% even with a 40% stronger currency than in 2001-2003 :blink: (there has been no inflation). The drop is even bigger than it seems :(. About 85%.

• Like 2

Japan is the main tragedy for Hobbit. It has dropped an 80% even with a 40% stronger currency than in 2001-2003 :blink: (there has been no inflation). The drop is even bigger than it seems :(. About 85%.

Its absolutely insane :(

Its absolutely insane :(

LOTR movies were released in late February and AUJ was released at Christmas. This year, DOS is coming back to LOTR release date, but I do not think it is the reason of the drop. We will have to wait and see how it performs with the new date, but I will be fine if it is able to manage AUJ's numbers.

• Like 1

well they like musicals 

strange AUJ didnt gross more

Maybe there should have been more songs  :lol:

lol PJ should have hired Hathaway to play an elf along Lilly so she could burst into a song in the middle of a fight here & there  ;)

Edited by Tauriel