A Marvel Fanboy

The Hobbit: the Desolation of Smaug OS Thread

Japan has just gotten smarter. They recognize a lazy cash grab movie like Hobbit when they see it. ;)

So, if FF6 makes the same amount of money than Hobbit in Japan, I guess both movies are the same amount of shit, aren't they?

• Like 2

Agreed. I'm still hoping for 30-35 in Japan.

If it is able to make 35 million in Japan (and assuming 50 million in China), we would be talking about 985 WW with same drops than now in rest of OS markets. 1 billion would be closer than we had thought 2 weeks ago... Said this, IMHO, it is still impossible to reach. I will be fine if DOS can win to DM2 WW.

Edited by peludo

It will come down to China and Japan if it makes a billion or doesn't. We can speculate till we're blue in the face on how its going to perform, until it opens. Could make less money this time around in both China and Japan. Could be the same as AUJ. Could be minimal increases in both. Or not. We have to wait until February to find out. Reminds me of last year with the will it or won't it talk which continued all the way up to its opening in China.

So this will be the same thing again, except twice as bad  ;)

Either way, it's a success and Warner Bros. is rolling in the money as AUJ nearly paid for the entire trilogy already. 

Edited by sensui
  • Like 2

How is SMAAUGGGGGGGG  Doing  os yet gang ... Did we pass the 500M mark  yet?

Yes. By Sunday it was at 527 million. AUJ was at the same point at 563 (with 15 million from Japan where DOS has still not been released), so DOS is about 20 million behind AUJ. 700 could be the target.

• Like 1