#ED

Weekend Estimates: Gravity - 55.5M; CWACM - $21.5M ;RR - 7.6M;

Have just seen GRAVITY. One of the best movies I've seen in years. Bullock was just crazily amazing.Fun fact: I was buying something at the grocery (30 minutes before the movie) when I saw my brother and his wife. I bought two more tickets for them. There, I contributed three tickets. That's not Shay's level but at least I contributed ha ha.

• Like 2

Insidious 2 is beating Gravity in Russia..,

only in admissions & on tuesday

fri increase is bigger than I2

with loads of showings & 3D there's no chance I2 will gross more

Edited by Leyla

Why am I seeing Clooney getting credited for a box office hit by some BO reporters? This has nothing to do with him.

I personally think this is a perfect storm of perfection.  Two likable actors, a very good director and one of the best trailers to come out in quite some time.

• Like 5

Rush’s Friday drop continues to prove my point about cinemascores being misleading. 

The drop is probably due to competition for adult audiences, not word of mouth. There are many, many films that satisfy their opening weekend audience, and then for some reason the WOM never spreads. 

Edited by tonytr87