#ED

10/11 - 10/13 Wknd Est: Gravity - 44.2M; Captain Phillips - 26M; CWCM2 - 14.2M; Machete - 3.7M

All the young people sold out Gravity in IMAX so here I am watching Captain Phillips with 5 senior citizens.

Saw captain Phillips and was the only person who did not receive the senior citizen discount

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

My Captain Phillips crowd was older than most movie crowds, but it wasn't like it was the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel or some shit. Mostly people in their 30s and 40s. Similar to what Argo had last year. And this was an 85 percent full theater. 

Alfonso Cuaron

Guillermo Del Toro

Alejandro Gonzalez Innaritu

These are the triumvirat of mexican imports filmmakers.

They have all a very distinctive style and approach that make them unique.

They are all huge friends and helped each other out a lot of times.

Alfonso Cuaron

Guillermo Del Toro

Alejandro Gonzalez Innaritu

These are the triumvirat of mexican imports filmmakers.

They have all a very distinctive style and approach that make them unique.

They are all huge friends and helped each other out a lot of times.

I've seen 21 grams and Babel and still don't think Alejendro deserves to be mentioned along with the other two.

He's like the 5th Beatle or something.

• Like 2

All the young people sold out Gravity in IMAX so here I am watching Captain Phillips with 5 senior citizens.

Saw captain Phillips and was the only person who did not receive the senior citizen discount

And here I thought that my audience was already pretty old. :lol:

The movie definitely skew older, that's why I thought it would do well being released this month. 

Wondering if WB may look to make October their tentpole month. Maybe through moving "Interstellar" a month early?

I wouldn't be surprised if The Man from UNCLE or Mad Max get slotted in October. Interstellar will stay where it is

Will you see Gravity with your daughter? Cause I should warn you that there are some graphic scenes that might be too much for her.

Actually, I think Gravity is fine for younger kids. It's near Jurassic Park or Raiders on graphicness IMO

Just saw Prisoners and the performances were fine but the film itself was rather dull at points. I might be a little biased against because the friend I was with kept on insisting it was "better than Gravity, but that's not hard since Gravity was utter crap, character-wise." Needless to say, a fun yet fierce argument occurred on the way back home. :P

• Like 1

Actually, I think Gravity is fine for younger kids. It's near Jurassic Park or Raiders on graphicness IMO

Just saw Prisoners and the performances were fine but the film itself was rather dull at points. I might be a little biased against because the friend I was with kept on insisting it was "better than Gravity, but that's not hard since Gravity was utter crap, character-wise." Needless to say, a fun yet fierce argument occurred on the way back home. :P

I think the scenes that show 

the astronaut's face missing, and the whole crew inside the ship all dead could be a little much for young kids.

The rest of the movie though, yeah, it's pretty kid-friendly.

I liked Prisoners overall, but I agree with you. The acting performances are what make the movie for me. 

And you should reconsider whether to still be friends with that guy/girl  :P

Edited by Sam

I've seen 21 grams and Babel and still don't think Alejendro deserves to be mentioned along with the other two.He's like the 5th Beatle or something.

I'm not an Inarritu fan, but there's a reason they're called "The Three Amigos" -- they all broke through around the same time, they're friends, and they definitely represent the highlight of Mexican cinema at this point.

I think the scenes that show 

the astronaut's face missing, and the whole crew inside the ship all dead could be a little much for young kids.

The rest of the movie though, yeah, it's pretty kid-friendly.

I liked Prisoners overall, but I agree with you. The acting performances are what make the movie for me. 

And you should reconsider whether to still be friends with that guy/girl  :P

Yeah, but I feel like those scenes are just as bad as what you'll get in 80s classics like Temple of Doom and such.

And I chill with that friend like once every two months when we see a prestige film and talk about in the car (last time was Fruitvale.) She only focuses on characters in film and was like "Both Clooney and Bullock's characters were so dull so it was hard for me to like the movie." I kept insisting Gravity's not necessarily about characters (since she wasn't gonna budge on them being "dull") but about the story and themes, but she just kept on saying it was an okay film, and Prisoners was much better... :unsure:

• Like 1